Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Fun and easy travellin! Arrive Bangkok 1/5/2012 for 5 weeks of unknown travels! Want to connect

Posted by Jrlashbrook on 19/11/2011 at 00:29

Hi! I am planning a 5 week trip from Thailand to Vietanam for a week and Cambodia for a few days. Would love to connect at any point. I do not know my route yet and don't plan on booking too much ahead. Let me know if you will be around the same time.

Jamie

#1 Jrlashbrook has been a member since 17/10/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by 604KEN on 19/11/2011 at 18:32

Hey i will be landing in BKK on Jan.20. want to travel thailand first then I am planing on doing the same thing through Cambodia to VN. pretty casual travel plans so far. nothing set in stone. 23 M Can. let me know if your there!

-Ken

#2 604KEN has been a member since 13/5/2011. Posts: 11

Posted by dipsonosin80 on 19/11/2011 at 20:46

@Jamie,I am looking forward to planning same tour too ,but still got no idea how to go about this.I don't want to spend so much using a tour operator.I hope to to get a companion on here .So if u got any clue pls do share.
Thnx

#3 dipsonosin80 has been a member since 18/11/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by Jrlashbrook on 19/11/2011 at 21:23

Hey all! I would love to piece this together myself with limited help from tour guides.
I plan on landing Jan 6th then heading into Krabi for some island and beach time. I may stay a couple nights in Khoa Sok national forest. Then heading up to Chiang Mai. I plan to be in Thailand for a little over 3 weeks. Then Vietnam for 7 days and Angkor Wat for 2 days. I think that is a good plan for me!

Let me know your thoughts and if you have any suggestions of hidden gems to visit.

#4 Jrlashbrook has been a member since 17/10/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by WandrerW on 23/11/2011 at 16:51

Hi Jamie.

Will land in Bangkok around Jan 7 - just postponed my trip from Dec. Will stay there a couple of weeks (with a trip to Chiang Mai between about the 10th and 14th). Let me know if we are in the same place the same time and maybe we could meet for a chat and a beer.

#5 WandrerW has been a member since 22/11/2011. Posts: 2
 Send WandrerW a private message 

Posted by mishka1988 on 21/12/2011 at 11:49

I will be headed to Bangkok on Jan. 6 landing in the evening. Your itinerary sounds just like mine though. No plans quite yet, but I do plan on seeing more of Thailand -- from beaches, NPs, Chiang Mai... Hoping to head into Cambodia for Angor Wat, Laos for Luang Prabang, Vietnam (Hanoi) and then headed into China to check out Yunnan Province.

If you'd like a travel companion, let me know. Interests include hiking, kayaking, beaches.. 23/F.

Best,
M

#6 mishka1988 has been a member since 21/12/2011. Posts: 4
 Send mishka1988 a private message 

Posted by altmtl on 21/12/2011 at 13:02

There are plenty of ways to connect... one is enable the private message option on your profile, the other is to click below & join the SEA Event page on FB - :)

#7 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 995
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by steamrobs on 27/1/2012 at 18:00

If you've ever seen budget hotels in Orlando, you can achieve, it can be a fun experience. Although usually not fun to find the hotel, just think what could make it near the hotel more exciting .

#8 steamrobs has been a member since 27/1/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.