Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

20 yr old solo traveler thailand 10th Jan - March 2012

Posted by elizacorn on 6/12/2011 at 07:34

I land in Bangkok on the 10th of jan and its my first time traveling solo!
im really excited and nervous at the same time but am really looking forward to meeting new people and just having a great time!
if anyone is around on the same dates let me know :)

#1 elizacorn has been a member since 4/12/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by alicia_m on 6/12/2011 at 14:14

Hi, I land in Bangkok on 12th Jan, its my first time travelling alone too. I'm hoping to go to laos, vietnam and cambodia as well. Are you spending the whole time in Thailand or are you going to visit other countries?

#2 alicia_m has been a member since 6/12/2011. Posts: 2
 Send alicia_m a private message 

Posted by altmtl on 6/12/2011 at 16:41

You girls need to activate the personal message option on your profiles... and read other people's posts in the Companions forum - you'll see that you are not alone.

#3 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 995
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by elizacorn on 6/12/2011 at 21:05

Hey alicia
i was going to go to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam with my sister but she's no longer traveling with me so i didnt want to take on too much by myself lol
so my plan is to travel around different areas of thailand for the 7 weeks. get me scuba diving license in Koh Tao.
ive got a lonely planet book that will be my bible for the 7 weeks but im jumping in with only 3 nights booked and nothing else...
where are you staying when you land?

#4 elizacorn has been a member since 4/12/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by alicia_m on 7/12/2011 at 15:32

I know what you mean, it does seem a bit daunting 4 countries by yourself. I thought about only doing Thailand too, but just decided to just go for it and do the other countries as well.

I'm staying at the Nappark Hostel for the first few days, but I've got nothing else booked after that either.

#5 alicia_m has been a member since 6/12/2011. Posts: 2
 Send alicia_m a private message 

Posted by elizacorn on 11/12/2011 at 06:15

yeh i figure ill see how i go i dont have much of a plan at all.
im staying at nap park as well! from 10th - 12th for 3 nights so a may see u on thursday night
contact me and we can meet if you like

#6 elizacorn has been a member since 4/12/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by lynn_ho on 12/12/2011 at 09:52

Posted from within Vietnam.

hey girls i will be land in bangkok at 20th jan, stay there few days then heading to koh samui- koh phangan, enjoy the beach few more days then go to chiangmai for trekking and elephant riding, so let catch up if u girls around at the sametime

#7 lynn_ho has been a member since 11/12/2011. Posts: 7
 Send lynn_ho a private message 

Posted by missgeo on 13/12/2011 at 02:08

Hey ladies!

I'm 23/F traveling solo from Canada and I'm going to be arriving in Bangkok around the 12th or 13th of Jan. I won't have anything booked past the first three nights, either AND It's my first time traveling solo! Though rumor has it there's no such thing as traveling solo as there's tons of people to meet and adventures to go on. Let's meet up when we're all in the city? How about having a celebratory 'welcome to Bangkok' night out when we're all there? I'm also interested in sort of putzing around the route suggested by travelfish here: https://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/thailand-indochina-tour1 over two and a half months. Let me know if you want to get in touch - PM me or something!

Hopefully I'll see you both around

-Charlotte

#8 missgeo has been a member since 19/3/2011. Location: Canada. Posts: 9
 Send missgeo a private message   Twitter 

Posted by annashep on 2/1/2012 at 12:19

Hi everyone! I land in Bangkok on the 10th Jan. Will be there for a few days, then going to Ko Tao. I've got a friend with me for the first week, then she goes to Cambodia and I shall be on my own! It's very exciting but also a bit daunting so would be good to meet up with other people doing the same thing!

#9 annashep has been a member since 25/12/2011. Posts: 3
 Send annashep a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.