Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

23/F Solo going to Thai/Camb/Viet/Laos Jan-Mar2012

Posted by missgeo on 13/12/2011 at 01:58

Hey everyone

Early 2012 I'm heading to SEA for my first solo adventure (eek!) and I am wondering if there's anyone in the same boat? I'm a Canadian arriving in Bangkok around Jan 11th, and I really like the look of the travel route Travelfish suggested here: https://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/thailand-indochina-tour1

I'm more than definitely open to changes in routes and plans, along with random adventures and elephant rides (yes please!). Would anyone like to join me for miscellaneous tomfoolery and exploring?

I have absolutely no definite plans other than me arriving in Bangkok around the 11th, and I am excited and terrified at the thought of having an open itinerary. It's going to be awesome! I'm curious if anyone is around Bangkok at the same time and wants to celebrate the start of an adventure and maybe join me for some of it?

I'm a geologist based out of Vancouver, Canada and I love mountains, hiking, food, and dancing!

Let me know if you're interested!

#1 missgeo has been a member since 19/3/2011. Location: Canada. Posts: 9
 Twitter 

Posted by dromomaniac on 2/3/2012 at 14:08

Hey, how goes/was your trip? I am doing the same trip but in March - April! Please share your experience and advice :)

I plan on going to

March 21-April 4 Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh -> Nha Trang -> Da Nang -> Hoi An -> Hue -> Hanoi -> Ha long bay

April 16-23 Cambodia: Phnom Penh -> Kampong Thom -> Siem Reap

March 7-20, April 4-30 Thailand: Krabi, Bangkok, Koh Phangan, Surat Thani, and elsewhere

#2 dromomaniac has been a member since 2/3/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.