Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

31/F travelling to Thailand, Combodia, Vietnam, Loas Dec 2012

Posted by Aurliea on 14/1/2012 at 22:20

Hi,
I've decided to travel to SE Asia and I'm going solo. I'm 31yrs from Vancouver, BC I'm easy going light hearted person, and I'm just wondering of anyone would be interested in being travel buddies. I will be travelling from first week of Dec to Jan 31/13. I'm totally flexible with my travel

#1 Aurliea has been a member since 14/1/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by Stuke on 26/1/2012 at 22:24

Name is Jim. I'm a 56yr old living in Jasper,Alberta who would like to travel with a buddie. I would very much like to enjoy some treking and biking as well as beach. I'm a bit flexable in my travel as well and I'm looking at a 4 to 7 week trip. I know I'm much older, but I'm not slower ! A travel companion is what I'm looking for. Not any of my friends are willing to go for the length of time I wish to go for. Please email if you would like to at least chat. Thanks...Jim B.

#2 Stuke has been a member since 26/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 6
 Send Stuke a private message 

Posted by moonphoenix on 28/1/2012 at 14:53

Hi Aurliea:

I'm planning on going to Vietnam and Cambodia around the same time. I haven't made any set plans yet, as in haven't gotten plane ticket yet, but plan on getting them soon. If you still want a travel companion, you can reply. I'm pretty flexible. I've been to Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City area, before, but this will be my first time in Cambodia. So, this will be a brand new adventure for me. I'm 30 year old female.

Liza

#3 moonphoenix has been a member since 28/1/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by Stuke on 28/1/2012 at 15:32

Nice to know you've all ready being over to Asia before. Yupper. I'm in that state of limbo. I would very much like a travel companion for this new adventure. As I've told you, I'm 56yr old. I still enjoy my backpacking here in Jasper. I like to bike to town to get my groceries, and enjoy getting together with friends. If you want, we can at least pick up the phone and have a chat. At least get a sense of who we are, what would be some of the sites that we would want to see, ie: angkor wot and other places.
I'm working nights right now (12hr shifts) and will be done Monday morning. I will be kicking around the evenings, so if you wanted to give me a dingle, by all means, do so. .780.852.4304. If it means anything, I'm on a phone plan if calling for you is an expensive issue. If I'm not home my voice thingy will answer for me. I won't be out, if I am, for long. Look foward to wee chat and see if we are on the same page. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.....cheers ! Jim B.

#4 Stuke has been a member since 26/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 6

Posted by Stuke on 28/1/2012 at 20:59

Opps...Sorry to have bothered you....Your message link showed up in my inbox of my email. I thought you generated it, but apparently travelfish did that. I'm new in this site and really haven't figured out how to properly navigate. Once again, sorry.

#5 Stuke has been a member since 26/1/2012. Location: Canada. Posts: 6

Posted by Aurliea on 29/1/2012 at 00:24

Hey Liza,

It's great to hear from you, there's been a change in my travel plans, I have to changed my travel plans I'm now on going to SE Asia Dec 2013, so if your still interested great, if not I totally understand.

take care

#6 Aurliea has been a member since 14/1/2012. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.