Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

29/M Travelling Thailand and SE Asia from June/July onwards

Posted by Yankeeruinx on 30/1/2012 at 10:20

Hi everyone, my name is Cameron, I'm 29 and from Nottingham. I am a first time traveller and also going solo to make me even more nervous (more excited than nervous ^^).

Not much of a plan so far, just getting a flight to Bangkok towards the end of June and then just taking it from there seems to be the best advice everyone has given me. Hoping to be out there for at least 3+ months and travel around to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos as well but I am pretty much open to suggestion at this point.

So if there is anyone out there in any of the area's at that time who want to meet up and travel around then let me know. Or if you have any tips/advice to share this is also very much welcome as I am just trying to digest as much info as possible now in the build up to it.

Take care everyone and happy travelling ^^

#1 Yankeeruinx has been a member since 30/1/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 3
 Send Yankeeruinx a private message 

Posted by ConMarney on 30/1/2012 at 15:15

Hi, I'm actually doing the same but out there a little bit later than you. I am doing a month in India, a month in Vietnam where I am doing some charity work and some travelling, two weeks in Cambodia and then off to Thailand!

#2 ConMarney has been a member since 30/1/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by lilymissfun on 20/2/2012 at 12:23

Hi, I am heading to Thailand around 30th June. I will be starting with a week working in and elephant sanctuary in Chiang Mai then will be drifting for 10-14 days if you want some company for the start of your travels.

#3 lilymissfun has been a member since 20/2/2012. Posts: 12

Posted by Kateylass on 19/5/2012 at 10:53

Hi Cameron, I'll be travelling solo for the 1st time from June 4th till aug 6th and want to travel all round Thailand, laos and cambodia. My travel plans are flexible and am up for anything fun and adventurous. If you want some company give me a shout. :-)

#4 Kateylass has been a member since 18/5/2012. Posts: 8
 Send Kateylass a private message 

Posted by Kabana111 on 19/5/2012 at 15:03

Heya, I'll be in Cambodia all July and August if you fancy meeting up!
(20/F/UK) :)

#5 Kabana111 has been a member since 11/5/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 29
 Send Kabana111 a private message 

Posted by Abhisek on 20/5/2012 at 04:22

Hey people..I will be landing in Bangkok on the 22nd of June. After that I plan to travel around the country for a couple of weeks at least.

Have no specific plan in mind. Basically I want to move around and explore the sights, culture, food...

If anyone wants to travel together or meet up, give a shout!

#6 Abhisek has been a member since 29/2/2012. Posts: 22
 Send Abhisek a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.