Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Male, 31 Traveling SEA a/o 8-9 July to 5-6 Aug

Posted by chinezero on 21/4/2012 at 06:12

I am not necessary looking but thought that I may as well put it out there if there are interested people traveling the same dates. My planned intentions are to do the following:

Arrive Bangkok or Siem Reap, spend a few days in Cambodia. Travel north to Laos (Northern), travel up and over the boarder to Chiang Mai. Fly or train down to Bangkok and head south to the Islands. Preferably to be in Koh Samui during the Full moon party in August at/around 3-4 August. At which time I'll head back to Bangkok and fly out.

I'm not too familiar with travel options in and around SEA so I was thinking of just flying everywhere to save time but not against buses, trains, etc.

#1 chinezero has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 13

Posted by leki on 22/4/2012 at 08:21

hey, I'll be coming to Bangkok from China in the beginning of august and am thinking about going to the full moon party but am just not sure what the best way to get there is and where to saty? also not sure if it's worth the money? have you looked into it at all, any ideas?

#2 leki has been a member since 22/4/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by chinezero on 22/4/2012 at 18:26

leki, there are several transits from Bangkok to Ko Samui (Airlines and Ferries) I think cheapest was USD $60-70.

And by worth the money, all depends on what you are wanting to do and your travel preference. If partying and drinking isn't your thing, than you may not enjoy it. I like a little variety of everything. So I include parts of my travel with this.

#3 chinezero has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 13

Posted by Rumbler28 on 12/5/2012 at 10:53

I think our plans are similar. I will be in Chiang Mai for a week at the beginning of July, then island hopping till the end of July when I'll head off to Bali.

Will miss the FMP unfortunately
Anyway let me know if you fancy meeting up at some point! I'm a 31/f travelling solo round SE Asia till end of August x

#4 Rumbler28 has been a member since 12/5/2012. Posts: 5
 Send Rumbler28 a private message 

Posted by chinezero on 16/5/2012 at 07:17

That may work, I haven't gotten tickets yet, but ill be looking to fly into Cambodia on 7 July then going up to laos and up and around to thailand thru 6 Aug. I'd be willing to meet for any part. If you care to discuss further email is

#5 chinezero has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.