Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

28/M 3-4 months asia trip. Mid Aug to November

Posted by jasonvpan on 27/5/2012 at 09:32

Sup guys/gals, I'm 28y/o and planning a 3-4 months trip from Mid August to mid/end of November 2012. I'm currently living in Seoul, South Korea. I'll fly into Beijing and work my way down the pacific rim hitting all the major spots: Beijing, Taipei, Shanghai, Hong kong, Hanoi, Ha Long, Hue, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Saigon, Can Tho, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Bangkok, Koh Samui, Phuket, Kuala lumpur, Singapore, Jakarta, Melbourne, Tasmania, Sydney. Goal is to do, explore and party as much and at many places as possible and as cheap as possible. I'll be traveling Solo but I figured it will get boring pretty fast by myself. If anyone is in SEA between Mid Aug and November and down to do crazy things, explore or just chill, let me know. Let me know if you want to see my tentative itinerary in excel for planning purposes. I don't discriminate; equal opportunity baby.

#1 jasonvpan has been a member since 27/5/2012. Posts: 6
 Send jasonvpan a private message 

Posted by charina on 27/5/2012 at 09:50

Hey Jayson!
I'm also looking for a travel buddy...i've already booked my plane planning to the route of bangkok-siem ream-bangkok...will be travelling on august 18-25 2012...we can hit siem reap-bangkok the way i'm a 22 y/o filippina based in milan, and i'll be coming home to manila on july for vacation..

#2 charina has been a member since 27/5/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by jasonvpan on 28/5/2012 at 07:08

hey Charina, unfortunately I'll be backpacking from Beijing starting Mid Aug and will not arrive in cambodia or thailand until sometimes in October.

#3 jasonvpan has been a member since 27/5/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by charina on 28/5/2012 at 08:07

what a pity! anyways, goodluck on your travels! enjoy! =)

#4 charina has been a member since 27/5/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by cajaquiss on 10/6/2012 at 16:27

Hey! My cousin and I (both 22 yo F) will be in similar areas. Arriving in Japan in July, all of August in China (Beijing prob beginning to mid August) and from there will make our way through SE Asia prob starting in Vietnam. We're hoping to also spend a good amount of time in Cambodia, Laos, and especially Thailand (expecting to be in Thailand late october early November). Let me know if you want to meet up. We're pretty adventurous and active but also love to party and hang out.

#5 cajaquiss has been a member since 23/2/2012. Location: United States. Posts: 8
 Send cajaquiss a private message 

Posted by jasonvpan on 10/6/2012 at 21:53

Hey Perfect. I'll leave for Beijing on Aug 19 from Seoul. When are you guys expecting to arrive in beijing? My original plan was, because i was expecting to be travelling solo, to spend about 4-5 days in the beijing, shanghai, hong kong, macau and even fly to taiwan for a week. From hong kong take the train to nanning and into Hanoi. I'm vietnamese and i can speak and read vietnamese so i guess i'll be a superstar in Vietnam. Then from Vietnam to Cambodia, thailand, kuala lumpur, singapore, jakarta. I haven't book anything yet but will be booking the Beijing Flight very shortly. I don't plan to stop in Laos but i'm game for everywhere else.
China ~ 3-4 weeks
Vietnam ~ 3-4 weeks
Cambodia ~ 1 week
Thailand ~ 3 weeks
Malaysia ~1 week
Singapore ~ 1 week
Jarkarta ~ 1 week

#6 jasonvpan has been a member since 27/5/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by goblin6 on 7/7/2012 at 04:28

hi Jasonvpan, im looking to head to Cambodia (Via Vietnam) around October time, will be travelling down from Bangkok, does that fit in with any of your itinery?? Cheers (im from he UK, please dont hold that against me!!!)

#7 goblin6 has been a member since 7/7/2012. Posts: 31
 Send goblin6 a private message 

Posted by djdec on 9/7/2012 at 08:55

Hey Jason, am 30 and Irish travelling solo. I'm gonna be in Hanoi from Sept 9th for three weeks thereafter and plan on hitting most of the cities youve mentioned above in Vietnam so may be can meet up if it suits?

#8 djdec has been a member since 9/7/2012. Posts: 3
 Send djdec a private message 

Posted by hulofriend on 9/7/2012 at 22:30

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Jason,

I'm 28m and Vietnamese too. I'm planning to travel some exciting sites in Vietnam and also visit some countries nearby VN but havent fitted my plan yet.

Hope to have travel buddies and then will arrange our tourist agenda suitablly for all.
Please reach me @ yahoo messenger: hulofriend

Tks and nice day !

#9 hulofriend has been a member since 9/7/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by jasonvpan on 10/7/2012 at 08:43

Yo Goblin6, when and where will you be in VN and Cambodia?

Yo Dec, I should be in Hanoi on or about Sep. 13 but I only plan to stay there for a week, to include Hai Phong and Ha Long Bay. Then take the train down to Hue, Da Nang, Nha Trang , HCMC and Can Tho. Should arrive in HCMC on or about Oct. 3rd. Our time will definitely overlap in Hanoi and we should grab some drinks and figure out the rest if you want to head down to Hue/Nha Trang/HCMC.

Yo Hulo, when and where are you planning to start your adventure? Where in VN are you?

I've never been to Hanoi but i'm sure I can manipulate my way around. I've been to Nha Trang and really enjoyed it b/c it's nice and cheap; plus, the locals are much much more humble and sincere then HCMC dwellers. Went scuba diving there as well are will do it again. The bars/clubs there are nice too. I think i've had the best noodles in Nha Trang, and i'm asian, i know noodles. I have friends in HCMC so that place will be damaging to say the least.

I plan to leave VN for Cambodia on or about Oct 11. Only staying there for a week b/c i want to get to Thailand's Islands. The only hard time i have to to get to the Full Moon Party moon in Ko Pha Ngan Thailand on OCT 31. PM me if you're serious so we can plan further.

#10 jasonvpan has been a member since 27/5/2012. Posts: 6

Posted by goblin6 on 12/7/2012 at 02:49

hi Jasonvpan,
Im easy mate, I can adjust my dates as not yet booked any flights....
Send me a email to
and if you have already booked and got your travel plans send them across I will have a look through
Cheers mate

#11 goblin6 has been a member since 7/7/2012. Posts: 31
 Send goblin6 a private message 

Posted by chocolat on 25/7/2012 at 23:06

Hey Jason

Sounds like quite some plan u got going there - could u email to me? I am in India for 6months & thought a little diversion to SE ASIA in about Oct / Nov would not be a bad thing!
Many Thanks

#12 chocolat has been a member since 25/7/2012. Location: South Africa. Posts: 5
 Send chocolat a private message 

Posted by Curly3112 on 4/8/2012 at 14:40

Hi Jasonvpan,
Your route sounds fab, might have to try and meet up with you guys!! Im with friends untill 21st sept, they are heading back to bangkok to fly to melbourne, which is when I could head in your direction. Goblin 6 - if your heading that way from BK, could see if we cross paths?
Heres hoping for travelling buddies......
Jenny x

#13 Curly3112 has been a member since 4/8/2012. Posts: 5
 Send Curly3112 a private message   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.