Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

27/F/NYC seeking travel buddies on solo trip to Thailand (+Vietnam/Cambodia/Lao?) July 31-Sept 12

Posted by passthatversace on 30/6/2012 at 16:40

Hey Travel Fishies! :)

I'm a 27-year-old Chinese Canadian, currently living out her dream in New York City. I'm about to embark on another one of my dreams and take on South East Asia for approx. 6 weeks starting July 31! My main focus will be Thailand and would like to spend at least 3 weeks exploring central and northern Thailand, as well as the islands. The remaining 3 weeks will be spent covering the 'major' cities in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, OR Burma. I will be flying back to NYC from Bangkok on September 12, and thus I have to schedule accordingly. At this point, I am in the early phases of my Lonely Planet researching haha, and thus have not finalized which other countries I will be visiting. I was told that it'd be best to stick to ONE other country at most given my timeframe, and thus I have some major brain storming to do in the next few weeks!

Please don't hesitate to check out my biography to see if we would get along as travel buddies. Looking forward to exploring the best of Thailand and South East Asia with you!

#1 passthatversace has been a member since 30/6/2012. Posts: 9
 Send passthatversace a private message 

Posted by Mrosen on 7/7/2012 at 01:17

Hey, I'll be traveling through SE Asia around the same time. I plan on leaving August 2nd and will be there for 5 weeks. Im going to start in Thailand, I haven't booked my other flights yet but I'm planning on going to Veitnam, Laos, and maybe the Philippines.

I'm Mike, 31 male from Hermosa beach California. Maybe we can meet up at some point on our trips. I'm also hoping to share travel ideas and research.

We can communicate on Facebook too and see if our scheduled link up.

#2 Mrosen has been a member since 7/7/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by MT_Travels on 17/7/2012 at 22:11

Hello,

My name is Marybell and I am a 23-year old girl. I am Mexican but live in the US, Albuquerque to be exact.

I am currently living in Bangkok but my summer job will end beginnig of August and I like you plan to travel. When will you be here? I would really like to see Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Phillipines I plan to travel from August 10th-26th...

Perhaps I can plan my trip around the dates you plan to travel to any mutual cities. I have not yet booked anything, thus I am flexible. Let me know, you can email me at marybell.tena@gmail.com. Hopefully the travel plans will work!

Have a good day!

Marybell

#3 MT_Travels has been a member since 17/7/2012. Posts: 11

Posted by Sima87 on 24/7/2012 at 22:31

Hi All,

I'm arriving into Bangkok on 29 July and spending some time here before travelling to Chiang Mai, then Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia!

I'm a solo traveller and really looking forward to meeting new people - so if you'd like to me meet up - let me know / send me a message on sima_lad@hotmail.com

Sima (24-f-uk)

#4 Sima87 has been a member since 15/4/2012. Posts: 8
 Send Sima87 a private message 

Posted by bluesky_1984 on 25/7/2012 at 11:51

hey everybody,

I'm Nicole, 27 from Germany. I'll be leaving for Bangkok tomorrow and have 2 months in Asia before I fly out of Singapore on Oct. 1st. Would like to do Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Malaysia (no particular order).
I'm traveling alone, so I would love some company.
Would love to hear from you guys :-)
send me an email nicole.ullner@gmx.net or look me up on facebook Nicole Ullner

#5 bluesky_1984 has been a member since 18/7/2012. Posts: 9
 Send bluesky_1984 a private message 

Posted by passthatversace on 25/7/2012 at 22:36

Hello ladies! I contacted you both :) For all other interested travellers, I am still scheduled to arrive in Bangkok on July 31, and my DRAFT itinerary goes something like this:

bangkok (6 days, including kanchanaburi) -> chiang mai (flight or train)
chiang mai (6 days) -> hanoi/halong bay (flight)
hanoi (5 days)-> hoi an (train)
hoi an (3 days) -> ho chi minh city (train)
ho chi minh city (3 days) -> phnom penh (bus or flight)
phnom penh (3 days)-> siem reap (bus or flight)
siem reap (4 days days) -> ko samui or phuket/ko phi phi (flight)
ko samui or phuket/ko phi phi (5 days)-> bangkok (train or flight)

it is subject to change though, and i have leeway for an extra 10 days :)

#6 passthatversace has been a member since 30/6/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by vip on 26/7/2012 at 02:02

hi guys
I haven't really made any plans yet , if you planning to visit pattaya kindly do let me know your schedules for the same will join you there accordingly, am also lonely ........
thanks
vip

#7 vip has been a member since 26/7/2012. Posts: 13
 Send vip a private message   Twitter 

Posted by nizzee on 27/7/2012 at 00:36

Hi all,

I am a Canadian female planning to travel SE Asia for a (short) 2 week stint. Right now, it looks like I'll be in Cambodia from August 20-25th, and in Thailand after that (until early September). I could also do Thailand from August 13th-20th, with Cambodia after.

If this jives with any of your schedules, please send me a personal message!

Looking forward to connecting!

#8 nizzee has been a member since 27/7/2012. Posts: 3
 Send nizzee a private message 

Posted by sameer on 3/8/2012 at 09:54

Hi Nizzee,

I am Sam from Dubai I will be in Pattaya between 7th to 12th of August could we meet up there?

#9 sameer has been a member since 3/8/2012. Posts: 3
 Send sameer a private message 

Posted by passthatversace on 3/8/2012 at 12:51

Nizzee - hello fellow Canadian! :) I can do Cambodia Aug 20-25, but I'll need at least 3 days at Angkor Wat :) I was planning on flying from Phuket to Phnom Penh, and then making my way to Siem Reap after spending max. 2 days in Phnom Penh. Lemme know! :)

#10 passthatversace has been a member since 30/6/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by bigdrealty on 3/8/2012 at 14:32

Hello,

I am looking to do a similar trip fall 2012 or winter 2012. I realize this is later then the dates most have posted on here, but would be interested to see if any other travelers in this timeframe. I am 35 male, that trains in hand to hand combat so not worried about the traveling alone. But any tips or information on the best way to travel the routes of Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand would be great does not have to be in that order.

Thanks,

#11 bigdrealty has been a member since 3/8/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by nizzee on 5/8/2012 at 05:19

Hi "passthatversace",

Your itinerary sounds perfect! I'm planning on flying to Phnom Penh from Phuket as well.

Let's chat! Can you PM me your email address, and I can get it touch with you? You can email me at neeru_s@hotmail.com

#12 nizzee has been a member since 27/7/2012. Posts: 3
 Send nizzee a private message 

Posted by elysek on 14/8/2012 at 23:25

Posted from within Vietnam.

I am in hoi an right now and am heading up to Hanoi on te 17th and want to book a halong bay tour for 2 or 3 nights. Anyone goingto be around at the same time and want to shop around for tours? I'm 23 f Canadian :)elyse.r.kavanagh@gmail.com

#13 elysek has been a member since 22/5/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by passthatversace on 15/8/2012 at 12:10

Hey Nizzee - sorry for the late response! I just sent you an email concerning Phnom Penh/Siem Reap!

Elyse - my dates in Vietnam unfortunately don't coincide with yours :( Let me know what tour you end up taking! Have a great time - Halong Bay looks like a dream!

#14 passthatversace has been a member since 30/6/2012. Posts: 9

Posted by passthatversace on 21/8/2012 at 22:43

Vietnam-bound from Aug 23 to Sept 2, starting in HCMC and then Hoi An and Hanoi. Anyone else? :)

#15 passthatversace has been a member since 30/6/2012. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.