Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

11th Aug-26th Aug - Cambodia & Vietnam - 24/F

Posted by Priyaxxx on 14/7/2012 at 13:29

Hi all :)

I will be travelling from Thailand across to Cambodia and then up Vietnam on my own from 11th Aug - 26th Aug 2012. I have never travelled alone so please let me know if there is anyone out there that will be in the area at the same time! Also any tips especially with regard to travelling to and between each country (cross borders) would be most welcome!

Many thanks

Priya x

#1 Priyaxxx has been a member since 14/7/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by Trainsmash on 15/7/2012 at 07:52

Hi Priya

I'm going there pretty much the same time as you. Also my first time and also alone. So looking forward to it.

Maybe we can meet up somewhere in Bangkok? Would like to do Thailand, cross Laos to get into Vietnam (from Hanoi all the way down to Saigon and then up through Cambodia (Angkor Wat ;) ) and back to Bangkok.

#2 Trainsmash has been a member since 15/7/2012. Location: South Africa. Posts: 2
 Send Trainsmash a private message   Twitter 

Posted by BhavPatel on 18/7/2012 at 11:26

Hey Priya,

I am just like you a lone traveller travelling through SE Asia around the same times as you.

I'll be starting off my trip in Bangkok and have a trip planned from here to take me from there through cambodia. I am due to arrive in Ho Chi Minh city on the 19th August.
I have then planned to work my way up vietnam and possibly Laos.

I would love to meet up, let me know if you would be interested!! :)

Bhavika x

#3 BhavPatel has been a member since 18/7/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by Sima87 on 24/7/2012 at 22:19

Hi All,

I'm arriving into Bangkok on 29 July and then going with the flow really! Want to travel up to Chiang Mai, then Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia.

I'm a solo traveller and really looking forward to meeting people - so if you're about / want to meet up - send me an email on

Sima (24-F-UK)

#4 Sima87 has been a member since 15/4/2012. Posts: 8
 Send Sima87 a private message 

Posted by vip on 26/7/2012 at 01:57

hi guys
I haven't really made any plans yet , if you planning to visit pattaya kindly do let me know your schedules for the same will join you there accordingly, am also lonely ........

#5 vip has been a member since 26/7/2012. Posts: 13
 Send vip a private message   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.