Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

19/m/UK solo backpacker looking for buddies - Oct 2012 onwards

Posted by jenko on 7/9/2012 at 14:54

Hi all,

I'm Matt, living near Bristol, England.

I have almost saved enough (hopefully) for a long, slow, budget trip backpacking around Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam for over 6 months. Will be jumping in at the deep end in Bangkok, on or around the 15th of October.

My 'plans' only involve a very basic route and a few place names that I can't pronounce scribbled in a notepad. In that respect I am totally flexible, open to suggestions and well up for a laugh or two.

If you are interested in meeting up for beverages or travelling together, email me at, or leave a message here, I'd love to chat with you!

#1 jenko has been a member since 31/5/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 2
 Send jenko a private message 

Posted by anicholls on 8/9/2012 at 12:10

Hi, I'm 25 solo female heading to Vietnam in two weeks end Oct beg of November starting in the North and heading South. Looking for some travel buddies. Not booked flights yet so slightly flexible on dates. Up for any suggestions, but pretty much want to see all of Vietnam and have fun along the way. Alice

#2 anicholls has been a member since 8/9/2012. Posts: 4
 Send anicholls a private message 

Posted by madisonmate on 8/9/2012 at 18:07

Hi Alice,

I plan to travel the coast of Vietnam from Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh City the beginning of November. My dates are also very flexible, but I'd like to take my time and go with the flow. It would be lovely to meet someone to travel with! My email is
Shoot me a message if you're interested in getting together :)

#3 madisonmate has been a member since 5/8/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.