Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

18 F looking for travel companions to do s.e.a loop!! Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, vietnam, singapore

Posted by 08251994 on 20/9/2012 at 00:57

Hieveryone!! This is actually my first time on this particular forum, but I thought I may give it a try, and see of I get any replies. My names alexis I'm 18F born and raised in toronto Ontario, and I'm looking for travel companions to do the s.e.a. Loop starting at the beginning of February till about mid May or so. I do t have a set itemary yet, but I do know I want to fly to bkk and start for Khao San road, and start from there... I love an adventure, and exploring, but I am a little nervous about going solo, and would love to at least start my travels with some other people! I know I'm going to spend the most time in Thailand and laos - vang vieng ( tubing of course), go down the boat on the melon river! etc.... And just play it by year. I have my lonely planet guide book of couse to help me out along the way!! If any ones interested in traveling around those times, feel free to hit me up!!
Have a good one
- Alexis :)
P.s this is my first time backpacking so whoever has experience or any advoc on cities to see, feel free to post! Thanks

#1 08251994 has been a member since 20/9/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by becuzgodloveme on 20/9/2012 at 01:02

hello alexis .do u want a local friend?? ^_^ i live here in bangkok ,i also love to travelling.i never going solo before but i'd love to try one day haha...

#2 becuzgodloveme has been a member since 5/8/2012. Location: Thailand. Posts: 9

Posted by nasmej11 on 28/9/2012 at 02:43

hey there!, if you will be in sabah malaysia around march 26 to 31, 2013 and interested to climb mt kinabalu pm me...

i also usually travel solo...

traveling solo is a different kind of fun and you get to meet a lo of new people...

although, i might say (just my opinion) khao san road is over rated...but if you are into drinking and partying (who aren't..hehe) it is the place to be...gets a little nosiy if you wanna sleep in the wee hours of the morning though...

#3 nasmej11 has been a member since 16/12/2009. Posts: 35
 Send nasmej11 a private message 

Posted by altmtl on 28/9/2012 at 05:11

08251994? Good Luck these are all places I'd rather avoid - typical backpacker route. Oh well. Except Singapore which is very expensive. Hope you're on Couchsurfing.

"I'm not a number, I'm a human being"

#4 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by SoonLoong on 7/10/2012 at 08:27

I take "Singapore not being part of the backpacker route" as a compliment. Haha. Indeed, it is expensive (I live here).

Anyway, I intend to do a Vietnam-Laos-Thailand-Myanmar-Malaysia route from December2012 - Jan2013. Drop me an email/msg if you (well, anyone actually) happen to visit Singapore or want to meet up in SEA (Dec-Jan). Cheers.

#5 SoonLoong has been a member since 7/10/2012. Location: Singapore. Posts: 5
 Send SoonLoong a private message 

Posted by altmtl on 7/10/2012 at 08:40

I'll be on Koh Lanta in Jan. :)

#6 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Send altmtl a private message   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by kingpatrick7 on 7/10/2012 at 08:46

Travelling from Canada to SE Asia as well later this year and then off to Australia!

#7 kingpatrick7 has been a member since 3/10/2012. Posts: 5
 Send kingpatrick7 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.