Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

27yr-London-lad/First Solo Backpacking trip/S.E Asia/Nov-Dec/NYE in Thailand

Posted by Greatlookinguy on 1/10/2012 at 17:19

Heylo cool folks of TraveFish!

Am arriving in Bangkok sometime in the second or third week of November for two months or so of my very first SOLO backpacking adventure deluxe. Am a London lad visiting family in India at the moment and will be starting my holiday from Bangkok. Booking the flight this week. Tentative itinerary as follows:

Bangkok->Chiang Mai by overnight sleeper train->Flight to Luang Prabang (Laos)-> Bus to Vang Vieng (Party time!)->Bus to Vientienne (Get the visa for Vietnam)->Flight to Hanoi (the whole Hanoi bay experience on an overnight boat or some such)->Train and Bus to Hue (culture), Hoi An (culture & food) & Nha Trang ->Motorcycle from Nha Trang to Dalat (have heard riding a bike through the Vietnam mountains there is a must-do-in-a-lifetime experience)->Bus to HCMC/Saigon->Bus to Phnom Penh->Bus to Seam Reap->Flight to south of Thailand somewhere from Seam Reap->NYE in Ko Pha Ngnan->onwards to Malaysia and S'pore. Should take two to three months. Pretty flexible.

Will see if I've got the cash to go in for a SCUBA diving lesson somewhere. Elephants, jungle watefalls, sleeping on the floor of a village hut for ONE night (to tick that off the list) etc and all that jazz where possible.

Planning to end up in New Zealand by mid Jan or so for a two year working holiday. That's the gig.

Sounds exciting!?! Who would like to join me for part or all the way of it? :-D

If things click, we can form a Facebook group or something and all keep in touch through there. PM me for details.

P.S: I love to party, love to soak into the culture, love to eat - EVERYTHING - once, I like Happy People :-) If you do too, come right on the ride!

#1 Greatlookinguy has been a member since 2/8/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 43
 Send Greatlookinguy a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by Greatlookinguy on 5/10/2012 at 08:38

I have just booked my NYE accommodation on Koh Phangan from 26th Dec to 2nd Jan. All set!!

Anyone reading this who is just going for the FMP on NYE, write in and we'll meet up and partaayyy!! It's going to be packed!

#2 Greatlookinguy has been a member since 2/8/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 43

Posted by goblin6 on 7/10/2012 at 07:03

Hi Greatlooking Guy

What dates are you flying out from the UK?

Please email itinerary and will get back to you

Would be great to meet up and have a few beers!

Im from UK (West Mids) 37/M

Cheers

newperspective5@yahoo.com

#3 goblin6 has been a member since 7/7/2012. Posts: 31
 Send goblin6 a private message 

Posted by Greatlookinguy on 7/10/2012 at 08:09

In India these days matey. Planning to be in SEA mid Nov, unless I attend a friend's wedding in which case it will be Dec 1. Got NYE booked up from 26th Dec to 2nd Jan. Got to plan out the rest of my trip around that!

What about you?

#4 Greatlookinguy has been a member since 2/8/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 43

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.