Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

25yr m solo thailand feb 2014

Posted by Zakpriestley on 10/5/2013 at 04:14

Hi guys,I was going to go with a friend but he's backed out but it been my dream to travel thailand!!i haven't booked anything yet planning on doin that in June
I'm up go the adventure of a life time but the thought of flying and landing in Bangkok totally alone turns my stomach but I don't want this to put me off!!
So I was wondering if any other solo travellers are looking to go at the same time or be over and wouldn't mind meeting up for a drink and swap plans the make the whole thing less scary and if are plans are similar maybe travel together for a couple of days??plus any advice on where best to meet people in Bangkok before I head of to the north or southern islands.thanks Zak :)

#1 Zakpriestley has been a member since 9/5/2013. Posts: 10

Posted by ChrisBrennan88 on 12/5/2013 at 12:01

Hey Bud,

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, friends dropped out and I'm a little bit afraid of Bangkok at the minute lol I'm pllaning on flying from Dublin to Bangkok in March 2014

#2 ChrisBrennan88 has been a member since 12/5/2013. Location: Ireland. Posts: 2
 Send ChrisBrennan88 a private message 

Posted by p_fortune on 8/1/2014 at 16:29

Hello you two :)

I am the third one on the same boat :) I am going to Bangkok on 12.2.2014 and then the same day to Ban Phe for a week and then back to Bangkok. It's gonna be first time for me too so we can meet, drink a beer together and swap plans ;)

Have fun and keep smiling!

Pia

#3 p_fortune has been a member since 8/1/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by inshadesofblue on 17/1/2014 at 10:33

hey,

We are a young (30-31yrs) Canadian couple traveling to thailand/Cambodia from Feb 18 onwards. We are looking for some travel companions. We are familiar with SE Asia (our 3rd time here) - so maybe we can be of some help as well.

We love seeing the sights during the day, but also enjoy partying till 6AM :D. Moreover, we are also going to root for CANADA during the winter Olympics in Sochi 2014 - bring your jersey if you are an olympics fan :)

Messages us here or email us a jaisal@theswaraj.com

Christa and jay

#4 inshadesofblue has been a member since 17/1/2014. Posts: 4
 Send inshadesofblue a private message 

Posted by beckidavies13 on 4/2/2014 at 12:56

Hello :) I've arrived in Bangkok today and am doing it on my own. Panicking a bit now Im here so if anyone is around and fancies a drink that would be great :)

X

#5 beckidavies13 has been a member since 4/2/2014. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.