Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Central/East Java: 7-22 September

Posted by cja17 on 14/7/2013 at 09:47

Hi everyone,

I'll be in Jogjakarta from 7 Sep, for 15 days in Central/East Java. Really want to take a look at Karimunjawa, as well as Mount Merapi and The Ijen Plateau.

Say hello if you'll be in the neighbourhood. Safe travels.

Cheers, Christian

M, 44. One Temple Per Day tolerance. See globaljunkie.net for travel stuff I like to do.

#1 cja17 has been a member since 24/10/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8
 Send cja17 a private message   Website 

Posted by adaminasia on 11/8/2013 at 22:03

Hi Christian -

I am starting a 3-month trip through Southeast Asia in a few weeks and have been thinking about heading down to Indonesia right around the same time you'll be there (Sept 7), flying into either Jakarta or Yogyakarta and making my way east to Bali. Hopefully will decide for sure in the next few days, as I'll be coming from Singapore and would like to arrange a flight into and out of Indonesia. Other option I'm considering is going overland through Malaysia up to Thailand.

This will be my first time to Southeast Asia and first solo trip. 31, M.

Adam

#2 adaminasia has been a member since 22/7/2013. Posts: 20

Posted by cja17 on 13/8/2013 at 13:39

That's an interesting choice you've got there Adam, but a nice problem to have!

With a 3-month window, if you're interested in seeing the Perhentians in Malaysia, or say Ko Tao / Ko Phagnan in Thailand, then you want to be doing that in September, before the East Coast weather drops off. But, by the same token, East Java is also nice and dry that month.

I'm still planning on a couple of days in Yogya from the 7th, but after that it's all still up in the air - if the ferries work for Karimunjawa I will be well pleased.

Thanks for saying hello on this post and get in touch if you are up for a beer and some Nasi Gudeg in Yogya - my travel email is on the "About" page of my blog.

Cheers, Christian

http://www.globaljunkie.net

#3 cja17 has been a member since 24/10/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8
 Send cja17 a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.