Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Mature Aussie Guy open to travel buddies....,

Posted by sandyfreckle on 18/1/2016 at 21:54

Hello hello all mature potential S/E Asian travellers..., I'll be travelling around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Lao and Myanmar between April and August 2016..., also maybe even squeeze in a visit to a friend building a lodge on the remote S/W Sumba(Indonesian) coast. While I have no set itinerary or timeline I have some specific but flexible ideas on where and what I'm interested in going and doing. I have a little bit of various local languages as I been to this general area a bit over the years.

While independent travel can be all about 360 degrees of choices, sometimes it can also be rather boring and let's face it..., hard work. I usually get about using a mixture of budget and/or 4 or 5 star travel options..., depending on local availability. If anyone is interested in sharing such an adventure while engaging in un-rushed rail/river/road travel and spending relaxing time in chilled locations..., and all while punctuated with good food and refreshing beverages.
Post a response here..., or shoot me a private message...., we can work out if were on the same page etc ?

#1 sandyfreckle has been a member since 9/11/2010. Posts: 12
 Send sandyfreckle a private message   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Alefiyaals on 27/4/2016 at 09:02

Hey, iam travelling to Vietnam from may 2- may 16 from HCMC TO Hanoi. Lemme know if u wanna plan it together

#2 Alefiyaals has been a member since 27/4/2016. Posts: 1

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by macroscopios on 27/7/2016 at 22:10

Hi!

In case you are in Cambodia now and have no plans for the next week..

We might not be in the same page in terms of budget, but we would probably enjoy it anyway if you are ok by maybe eating in different places (that is you in the restaurant and me in the street) as unfortunately sometimes very good food is of course quite pricey (not always) and I can't afford it.. as well as the 4/5 star hotel (of course if we share the room it would be cheaper, my budget is no more than 7usd mybe think 10 if i really have no choice.. im right now in Siem Reap in a 12 bed room for 3 usd)... anyway the places I need a companion for are probably lacking of 5 stars.

Id like to have a travel buddy to stay some nights in a khmer family homestay in Ton Le Sap Lake. I did something like that in Banteay Chmaar (7usd the night) and was really beautiful. Specially cause I felt I was truly giving my money to a local humble family. of course the toilette facilities werent the best but it was amazing anyway.

Depending on how that results (if its too beautiful I might not have the time) Im also needing a companion to go to Preah Vihear temple.. trying to sort of get a local way of transportation (so far I was lucky to use the shared taxis with locals but I know this one is trickier).

All these some days around next week.. not before the 3rd of August for sure and not after the 12th. I would be heading to Sihanoukouville by then.

I know its too sharp but I thought I should as well try. By the way Ive lived in Australia till last June.. I was lucky enough to work as an Activities Officer and live in an island in Cairns and as a 'governess' or home tutor with the Alice Springs School of the Air system for 2 lovely kids in Ormiston Gorge near Alice Springs.

I'm 31, although I love dancing Im not looking to go party and get drunk and those sort of things. I love the countryside much more than cities, love camping and travelling by pushbike so I dont mind that the places Im staying in are not the most comfortable. I usually go to bed not after 10 pm so to get up like at 6 or 7 (not that i can't change that, just to give you an idea of what kind of travel im into) and im using the same clothes for 6 days usually (handwash) so by the 5th is a bit smelly :D, i do try to have a shower before i go to sleep so my sleeping things are always clean (thats my fuzzyness)

If this might somehow suit you let me know!

#3 macroscopios has been a member since 27/7/2016. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.