Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Thailand Travel Buddy Wanted for mid- Feb- mid April

Posted by cassm28 on 20/1/2016 at 21:07

Hi I am 26yr old female looking to meet people interested in travel/ party in Thailand. I have never been and would like to meet some like minded people around my age to party with. I would like to go with my friends but they are not able to go on vacation longer than the standard few weeks in Canada and I would like to stay longer lol..

Send me a msg if you're going my way [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img] lol

#1 cassm28 has been a member since 20/1/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by vipinsh on 23/1/2016 at 05:47

Hey Cassm28,

I will be in Thailand on 14th till 24th Feb, If you are around at the same time then lets meet up for couple of drinks somewhere along the trip.

Do let me know your plans.

Cheers
Vip

#2 vipinsh has been a member since 21/9/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 8
 Send vipinsh a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by exacto on 23/1/2016 at 15:15

Hi Cass,

Unless you have a permanent scowl on your face, you should have no trouble meeting people while you are on the road. Single female travelers can easily meet up with other females, single guys, and couples in a way that single guys usually can't. You'll be much better off heading out on your own and meeting people as you go, on transport, during day trips, and in and around the guesthouses where you stay. Meeting people on the road gives you a chance to see if you have enough in common with them and would get along. Arranging to hang out with people you meet online, on the other hand, is a real crap shoot. It could be great, but I know too many stories of folks tying up their precious holiday time around people they just didn't click with.

Traveling by yourself can be pretty fun, by the way. There is the up side of absolute freedom - stop when you want; leave when you want; eat, sleep, do what you want with no compromise. It is a time multiplier. With wi-fi nearly everywhere now, you can stay in touch with friends who couldn't make the trip and share it with them as you go. As a single female, you'll want to use a good amount of common sense for travel safety, but as long as you aren't walking around by yourself drunk or late at night, you should be as safe or safer in southeast Asia as you would be at home. Have a great trip. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,759
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.