Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Travel mate (hitch hiker buddy preferred) Siem Reap to Tonle Sap Lake/Preah Vihear/Sihanoukouville

Posted by macroscopios on 27/7/2016 at 22:44

Hi!

I'm a 31 solo female traveller who is pretty used to be alone (specially trekking/ciclotourism) but also enjoy good talks about anything (from why should humans be kind to each other to the funniest food poisoning adventures in or out a toilet).

Although I love the fact of getting to know more locals by travelling alone, I need a travel companion as I'm not that 'into the wild' in this little trips I wish to do.

1. Staying 1/more nights in a khmer family homestay in Ton Le Sap Lake. If that is possible. I have this idea of a floating house but I think my romantic view will be crushed into a house with 'columns' but hey, as long as it is in the lake... I did something like that in Banteay Chmaar (7usd the night) and was really beautiful. Specially cause I felt I was truly giving my money to a local humble family.

So my idea for this (and thats why a companion is ideal) is just to show up somewhere in the lake and ask.. Ive read its possible. But wouldn't do that alone. If you re planning the same and found an organization I would probably be ok with that. In Bantey Chmaar it was a very well organized rural community so that sort of thing is great.

2. Preah Vihear temple: try to hitchhike (or more like, writing a sign in khmer saying we are willing to pay whatever money we can (certainly not the 100 usd Ive heard they ask for a taxi) to whoever can take us there. I enjoy hitchhiking but I think in this poor countries is nicer to actually pay your part of the cost since the car would be using some more fuel for the extra weight. Staying in the city that is 20k aprox, the next morning hitchhike to the temple and then walk the stairs (you could take a motorbike and we meet wherever). Sleep that night in the city again and leave the next morning (sort of, of course this doesnt have to be so exact)

3. From the 12th August aprox: The same sort of 'hitchhiking' from either Preah Vihear or any city you are in, to Sihanoukouville. There I of course wanna see the bioluminescence in the islands. I lived in an island for 6 months and I love off shore swimming so if thats your cup let me know.. if not still is more than fine.

All these some days around next week.. not before the 3rd of August for sure as I still am doing my nerd visits to amazing Angkor Wat area.

I know its too sharp but well maybe someone is in my same situation...

Sharing the room would be the idea (please note Im not saying Im looking for a sex mate, we would be sleeping in separate beds). My budget is low, so the less we can spend the better, as long as we are not losing a great experience cause we didnt pay a few more dollars.

Im right now in Siem Reap in a 12 bed room for 3 usd. in Serei Sophon had no option but pay 5usd for a room that would have suited 2. I always try to have a cheap 1.5usd meal and an 'expensive' 2.5/3.5usd meal a day to compensate the cheap one.

I'm 31, although I love dancing Im not looking to go party and get drunk and those sort of things. I love the countryside much more than cities, love camping and travelling by pushbike so I dont mind that the places Im staying in are not the most comfortable. I usually go to bed not after 10 pm so to get up like at 6 or 7 (not that I can't change that, just to give you an idea of what kind of travel Im into) and Im using the same clothes for 6 days usually (handwash) so by the 5th is a bit smelly :D, I do try to have a shower before i go to sleep so my sleeping things are always clean (thats my fuzzyness)

Im more than ok if you are willing to exchange more details or suggest something else. I have a website you could check although its quite old and havent changed for some time:

www.macroscopios.com.ar

If you had any other plan in a budget and looking to meet the real Cambodia let me know, I might change mine!

#1 macroscopios has been a member since 27/7/2016. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.