Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Looking for a travel mate

Posted by gianna on 3/8/2016 at 10:11

I'm a 57 year old female used to travel a lot in SE Asia in the passed 35 years.

As I enjoy travelling as pair because things often turn out easier and cheaper I am looking for a partner preferably male.

So, who I am looking for is someone with similar ideas about travelling, not just for one special trip but generally to travel with and plan trips / destinations together.
I usually travel budget but still with some comfort if affordable, often destinations off the beaten track, surface, as long as possible. I am no "hardliner", taking things easy, want to enjoy myself while discovering the world and meet people.

I live in Berlin, open for all nationalities though it would be more interesting to meet someone from somewhere else in the world.

Anybody interested?

Cheers

#1 gianna has been a member since 24/7/2016. Location: Germany. Posts: 3
 Send gianna a private message   Website   Facebook  

Posted by exacto on 4/8/2016 at 15:27

Hi Gianna,
How long are the trips you usually take? Are they two weeks, or one month, or what?
What time of year do you travel?
Are you thinking separate rooms, shared rooms, or dorm-style rooms?
Which countries do you plan to visit in the next year?
Send me a PM on Travelfish if you like. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,766
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by gianna on 4/8/2016 at 16:28

Hey exacto,

sorry I could not find out how to send PM, but I can answer as well here in public ... good to know for everybody ....

Usually my travels are between 1 and 2 months. Early in the year it is quiet with my job, so I can take a leave. Sometimes also midyear for a shorter period.

I could see you have been in Thailand a lot.

One of my favorites for next time in SE Asia would be a roundtrip from Bangkok to Siem Reap, Kampong Cham to Ratanakiri area, further on South of Lao up to Vientiane and maybe a short while in Thailand at the end before returning to Bangkok. Could be made by bus and train, crossing borders should be no problem.

I usually take my time, so this could be a 6 weeks trip .... ?

Other destinations would be in Myanmar ... you never have been there before? I like people there very much, have been there spring 2014 for about 2 weeks, entering from Mae Sot, just a short sidetrip from Thailand.

As to accomodation: I prefer private rooms, no dormitories and could imagine to share twins, thats what I used to do with other friends before.

I would like to learn more about you. Travelling together anyway needs sympathy, confidence and reliance in each other ... so sharing a room would seem obvious to me and make things easier.

You live in US?

If this sounds good for you, you could write a PM to me and I might find out how to answer ?!

Cheers

#3 gianna has been a member since 24/7/2016. Location: Germany. Posts: 3

Posted by exacto on 5/8/2016 at 23:39

Hi gianna,

Thanks for your note with the additional information.

Yes, I live in the United States, and have been in Thailand a lot. It is my favorite place to travel.

I have asked about the Private messaging feature, so I can send you a private message. I will send one as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Bye for now. Cheers.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,766
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by gianna on 15/8/2016 at 17:56

Hi exacto,

we seem to have the same problem in writing PM

this should not be a general solution for this problem, but right now I added a signature ... this should solve the problem right now

would be nice to hear of you by e-mail

Ciao ciao

www.papier-werkstatt.net

#5 gianna has been a member since 24/7/2016. Location: Germany. Posts: 3

Posted by sandyfreckle on 4/3/2018 at 20:59

..., Hello gianna, I'm from Western Australia and have travelled through S/E Asia quite a bit (first os trip was surfing trip to Bali in 1975)..., yes I'm an older guy. I'm planning to travel around SEA again during this impending southern hemisphere winter(May till Sept)..., and I'm interested in locations on the radar's edge. My only 'concrete' plans are to visit a friends Surf Camp in S/W Sumba (between late July and early August)..., apart from that Im quite flexible with the rest of my winters itinerary..., I do have a couple of ideas.
Me; I like to travel 'light, low and slow', eat locally, read in hammocks, a little bit of a swimmer, a bit of a walker and cycler. Educated, respectful, low maintenance and very practical.

If you still travel within SEA and you're still interested in sharing journeys ? Maybe you could shoot me a message to find out more ?

#6 sandyfreckle has been a member since 9/11/2010. Posts: 18
 Send sandyfreckle a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.