Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Mature Australian male traveller looking for S/E Asian travel buddy(s).

Posted by sandyfreckle on 9/2/2017 at 00:01

My plan is to escape the the approaching S/W Australian cold season by travelling around Thailand, Cambodia, Lao, Myanmar and Vietnam. I have no set plan..., yet..., just a bunch of scribbled notes, ideas, playlists and 4 months to spend. I'm planning on arriving mid May and returning home in late August. I'd be happy if there's others interested in sharing the experience while reducing costs, risks and stress. Sometimes a road less travelled is enhanced by sharing !
I'm a fit 55 y/o male and can travel in any fashion I want..., but.., I generally like to go 'low and slow'. I can equally enjoy either hammock class or 5 star..., I prefer it if there's 'choice or chance' of..., informed conversation, a good book or mutually agreeable music(bluetooth the travellers saviour). I'm a respectful and cheerful early riser..., not a stay out partier...., enjoy quality food, ice cold beverages and sometimes vino...., a bit left of centre..., have some local experience, a smattering of S/E Asian languages and fairly ship shape with local cultural norms etc. Also, I don't mind a bit of meditation, yoga and/or permaculture volunteering. If anyone is interested or has some parallel ideas..., shoot me a message ?

Regards Sandy

#1 sandyfreckle has been a member since 9/11/2010. Posts: 12
 Send sandyfreckle a private message   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.