Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Need a travelling companion for Cambodia and Laos trip

Posted by manlyboy on 2/3/2009 at 12:46

Posted from within Vietnam.

I will travel solo in March in Cambodia and Laos
My plan will be following draft itinerary:

16 March, arrive Saigon
17 March, Sai gon
18 March, Phnom Penh
19 March, Phnom Penh
20 March, Phnom Penh - Siem Reap
21 March, Siem Ream
22 March, Siem Reap
22 March, Vientiane
23 March, Vientiane – Luang prabang
24 March, Luang Prabang
25 March, Luang prabang – DBP

1. Does anyone recommend a clean, safe guesthouse following itinerary?
2. Did anyone do this trip before?
3. It would be great if someone can become a companion with me on this trip.
4. I am packpacker traveler, just wanna see real life experiences like local people.

#1 manlyboy has been a member since 3/2/2009. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 3

Posted by kumanan86 on 4/3/2009 at 23:16

oh so sad. Im travelling solo in cambodia as well but my dates there are 10th to 17th march. was hoping to get 1 or 2 more to go with

#2 kumanan86 has been a member since 4/3/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by solomon123 on 8/3/2009 at 23:52

Manlyboy, are you still looking for info on places to stay?

In Vientiane the Mali Namphu is clean and well priced. Everything in Vientiane is over inflated. Reserve in advace if you will be getting into the city late. In LP, its worth it to walk around and shop prices and amenities. I paid 70000 kip for a room with A/C, a new soft bed (which is RARE in Laos)and a balcony over looking the mekong. My next door neighbor booked on line and paid $29 USD. If you are looking for cheap try Sok-dee Guesthouse it is up an side street from the mekong. Most cheap and clean places get taken, around 16:00-17:30, when "farang boats" from the chiangmai land. In Siem Reap I stayed at the Potted Palm (I booked in advance b/c I was going to get there late) It was clean, comfortable with A/c and well priced $10. Good Luck!! I'm heading back to Laos via BKK March 18th.

#3 solomon123 has been a member since 8/3/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by manlyboy on 9/3/2009 at 12:37

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks solomon, i am still look for info of cheap acc. That would be great to get acc with 10US$ per night.

#4 manlyboy has been a member since 3/2/2009. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.