Photo: Who needs a guide?

Travelfish Guides forum

eGuide Suggestions!

Posted by busylizzy on 27/8/2009 at 05:07

Hi Stuart,

You provide such a great service with the travel guides that I almost feel bad making any suggestions for improvements.

However.. I won't let it stop me! ;-)

In the Members Centre area where I can see a list of eGuides that I have generated - is there any possible to:

1. show the Country and the Region name?
  2. sort the list by Country, Region?
  3. include the file name (or Country/Region in the generated PDF?
:
(Or is there some other logic to how they appear in the list? To me, it looks like a random generator has been at work!)

I sometimes really struggle to figure out which guide covers what area!

Also, on the webpages that cover off specific areas, it would be great it there was some reference to which eGuide I can find it in! Again, it's a struggle to figure it out sometimes!

Just a few ideas to keep you out of the hammock...!

Lisa

PS. This is my first attempt at creating a 'list'. Let's hope I get it right since I can't edit!! :-D

#1 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/8/2009 at 08:27 admin

Hi,

OK I've changed the display so now it sorts them by country and by region. So if you've got the guide for Hoi An (Quang nam), you'll find it listed under Vietnam: Central Vietnam -- hope that makes it a bit easier.

Unfortunately I can't display Hoi An instead of Quang Nam, so you'll just need to remember a bit of geography (this is only really a prob with Vietnam and to a lesser extent Cambodia).

On the relevant pages where we have a Travelfish Guide (the paid for ones) we have a direct link -- see the title page for Ko Tao for an example -- we don't do this for the freebies, primarily because it is confusing, but also because they're available for just about all the provinces we cover.

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/8/2009 at 08:27 admin

Oh, and congrats on the list!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by busylizzy on 27/8/2009 at 08:39

"OK I've changed the display so now it sorts them by country and by region. So if you've got the guide for Hoi An (Quang nam), you'll find it listed under Vietnam: Central Vietnam -- hope that makes it a bit easier."

Beautiful - thank you! You can go back to the hammock now! :-)

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/8/2009 at 08:59 admin

What do you mean "go back to"?

I did it from my hammock...

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706

Posted by busylizzy on 27/8/2009 at 09:14

Oh, some people have such a rough life! :-)

#6 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153

Posted by ericlj on 12/9/2009 at 06:12

Thanks for breaking down the Vietnam e-fish into regions. I had been doing this myself by referenceing a provencial map. And thinking I should email this suggestion to travelfish. You guys rock. ericlj

#7 ericlj has been a member since 22/5/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.