Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

Storing Luggage Options

Posted by dmaniel_2000 on 26/5/2010 at 18:54

Hi,

I'm coming to Hanoi via Madrid, and I'm planning on being in Vietnam for a few weeks before finally going home to the USA.

I wasn't planning on going to SEA when I first came to Spain, so I have a large suitcase that I will be taking with me.

What are my storage options while I travel around the country? I don't want to lug my suitcase around with me.

Someone told me some hotels will hold onto my bag for me. Is this a legit option? Which hotels?

Thank you for your help.

#1 dmaniel_2000 has been a member since 26/5/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by rachelle23 on 28/6/2010 at 10:56

Some airport have luggage storage. But don't leave any valuables in your bags, money, jewelry, etc.

#2 rachelle23 has been a member since 8/6/2010. Posts: 20
 Send rachelle23 a private message   Twitter 

Posted by dano_b on 28/6/2010 at 17:49

Have you considered shipping your big suitcase home on a cargo boat from Madrid? Not sure of the options from Madrid, but many friends have used this option from elsewhere in the world and it is affordable and leaves you without the extra luggage to carry around. Check at the Post Office for info on this option.

#3 dano_b has been a member since 20/12/2009. Posts: 24
 Send dano_b a private message 

Posted by rachelle23 on 13/7/2010 at 10:33

If you want to store luggage or belongings for hours or days, look for left baggage office on arrivals level.

#4 rachelle23 has been a member since 8/6/2010. Posts: 20
 Send rachelle23 a private message   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.