Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

Laundry on the road

Posted by busylizzy on 28/3/2012 at 20:00

Some time ago, I hooked on to a suggestion from SBE (a fellow travelfisher) about using a dry bag as a washing machine while travelling. I used my for 6 months until the bag started to delaminate - but it's a great idea. You fill it with warm water, add a bit of soap, toss in the clothes, then shake it around for a few minutes. It's much better than washing in the sink while using your undies to plug up the sink hole.
Well, I see (courtesy of TooManyAdapters) that an Australian has come with a nifty prototype variation of this: the Scrubba bag. Basically, it a dry bag but with a ribbed panel inside that helps to scrub your clothes. Brilliant!

http://www.indiegogo.com/The-Scrubba-Wash-Bag

No, I'm not being paid to sponsor this.. just thought it was a neat idea worth sharing :-)

#1 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by goonistik on 28/3/2012 at 22:38

I can finally get rid of my laundry paddle. :-)

For those who are too young to know what a laundry paddle is:
http://www.oldandinteresting.com/washing-beetles-possing.aspx

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by shaydan_01 on 28/3/2012 at 22:49

Thanks for sharing Lizzy, I'll definitely consider getting one of these for my next long journey, they'd come in especially handy on those occasions when the laundry woman refuses to wash your undies, although I only encountered this about two times in nine months.

Great for camping too!

#3 shaydan_01 has been a member since 16/11/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 80
 Send shaydan_01 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.