Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

Should I bring a mosquito net?

Posted by AndyPandy on 13/9/2012 at 03:32

Hi all,

I have one week left before I make my way to SE Asia - thank you again for your amazing help and advice. I was shopping yesterday and came across a compact mossie net and was tempted to buy it. Just wondered what the chances are of finding hostels which have places for you to hook the central bit to the ceiling on are? Do you think it's worthwhile buying one or no point unless camping?

thank you
Andy

#1 AndyPandy has been a member since 8/8/2012. Posts: 18

Posted by goonistik on 13/9/2012 at 09:28

I don't think you'll need one. most of the hostels will offer you an electric fan and electric fans are pretty effective deterrent to mosquitoes.
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/a-simple-fan-is-your-best-mosq-121788

If you find yourself needing a mosquito net, you should be able to find one in the local markets. The only time I can think you'll need a net is if you are on a remote island with no electricity or in a place with frequent power interruptions.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by daawgon on 13/9/2012 at 11:39

I agree with goonistik, no

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,132
 Send daawgon a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.