Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

Ultimateaddons World Traveller Plus??

Posted by mlr on 3/8/2009 at 23:37

Hey :-)

Was wondering if anyone has got one of these and if so is it worth the money? See link below:

Im planning on travelling in SE Asia with my netbook, ipod, speakers, Blackberry, etc so i thought this might be quite handy!?

#1 mlr has been a member since 3/5/2009. Posts: 31

Posted by BruceMoon on 4/8/2009 at 05:25

In my view, unless one was intending staying in the cities, SE Asia is a place where travelling light makes great sense.

Ask yourself what you really need, cut it down to a minimum, and then pare some more off again.

Too many travellers load themselves up with gear, and then find themselves limited in how they travel, and 'see' the world (go look at #4 here.

With a huge amount of gear, you tend to not want to leave the cities. While the cities play a part in any SE Asian holiday, the rural has immense appeal as well.

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.