Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

Travel gear in KL?

Posted by Sampan on 31/12/2009 at 17:11

Hi all,

I'm heading towards KL by the mid of Jan. and was hoping to find some gear i need. Could anyone recommend an area or mall were it would be likely to find good quality outdoor/travel gear?

Any tip is highly appreciated!

//

#1 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 110

Posted by KirstyB on 23/3/2010 at 19:01

I guess there may be a reason this thread remains unanswered but I'm in need of the same info...... I need to buy a new back pack in KL and I want a genuine one not a fake. Does anyone know of any specific shops I should head to? Thanks

#2 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Send KirstyB a private message   Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by Sampan on 23/3/2010 at 20:03

Hi KirstyB,

I didn't find what i was looking for but i did find some decent retailers.
The best one (and the only one i remember) was "Outdoors" in Mid Valley Mega-mall. Only original stuff and i saw some really nice packs, wasn't very cheap though.

storelocator

Hope you have better luck then i did :)

//

#3 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 110

Posted by KirstyB on 28/4/2010 at 11:41

Thought I would update the thread with my findings in case anyone else is searching for similar info. As Sampan said, Outdoors at Mid Valley does carry one of the best selections of gear including a good range of footwear including Teva, Keen etc. As for rucksacks they carry a good range of Deuter but only Deuter which seems to be the predominently available international brand in SE Asia.

However I did also find a supplier for Osprey - a shop called "Tear Proof" which has branches in Mid Valley and at KLCC. They're small stores but carry a decent enough range. They also stock local brands High Sierra and Vertikal which I don't know much about but seemed reasonably robust and a lot cheaper than Osprey!

#4 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 151
 Send KirstyB a private message   Where has KirstyB been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.