Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

Deuter 38 Litre Back Pack

Posted by Geezy on 1/2/2010 at 23:45

Just in the planning stages for my 3 week trip to Laos via Thailand. I went travelling for the first time around Thailand last year for 2 weeks and loved it. Really excited!
Just bought myself a Deuter 38 Litre for my up and coming trip. This was £80 and seems really high quality.
Has anyone got one of these? Any reports?

Cheers Geezy

#1 Geezy has been a member since 27/7/2009. Posts: 48

Posted by super_collider on 2/2/2010 at 02:02

wow this is weird, i just registered in order to post a question about this particular range of backpack, You beat me to it.

I have yet to purchase my pack, but my brother who works in a camping store, suggested this brand. From what i can see they look great.

I'm hoping to take it as a carry on, dunno whether the size will be ok?
They also do a 42litre and have been considering the extra room.

What a great site by the way, has answered many of my planning concerns.
I'm not leaving until Novemeber and am sure i will be posting some more.

#2 super_collider has been a member since 2/2/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by bedu on 3/3/2010 at 21:11

I don't know about the 38 litre, but I bought a smaller Deuter pack.

I use it as a day bag and it's pretty tough, comfortable to wear and carries surprisingly a lot more than you'd think.

Thumbs up for Deuter.

#3 bedu has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 58

Posted by ms1892 on 4/3/2010 at 16:20

I have a 60L Deuter pack. Likewise it was recommended to me by my brother who at the time worked at Rohan in the UK. I went with his recommendation due to the huge staff discount he gave me! I have had the pack for 7 years now and it has travelled extensively with me. I consider it to be one of the best items of kit i have ever purchased.

I have found it to be consistantly comfortable, robust and waterproof (essential when travelling in S.American rain forests etc). I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this brand.

#4 ms1892 has been a member since 23/12/2009. Posts: 38

Posted by hardgraf28 on 18/5/2010 at 15:10

I'm doing 2 months SE Asia with my 28L Dueter Futura. Great pack!

#5 hardgraf28 has been a member since 20/4/2010. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.