Photo: All you need is a backpack.

Gear and equipment forum

What I'm packing

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/2/2010 at 08:58 admin

Off for a three week trip through northern Laos today and I've done a quick blog post outlining what I'm packing -- thought others may find of use. You can read it here: What I'm packing.. http://blog.travelfish.org/2010/02/10/what-im-packing

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,566
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by swag on 10/2/2010 at 11:54

Hi Somtam, have a great trip look froward to a trip report when you get back. Enjoyed the article and sounds about right. One question I always take about 4 s/s cotton shirts but you go the t-shirt thing. You don't find them a bit claustrphobic. Now if only I could my wife to a:) read this and b:)agree to 35 litre carry on only my life would be bliss. Chances of that happening zero. Being together 20 years and me getting my way zero lol.
cheers

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by Sampan on 10/2/2010 at 16:11

Thanks for the post, and have a nice trip!

I will be leaving LP for Nong Khiew tomorrow and planning to stay for a few days and maybe go further up to Muang Khua after that. If that would be on your route and if it would be convenient for you, it would be a pleasure to meet you.

//

#3 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 110

Posted by somsai on 11/2/2010 at 10:38

I like the lack of sunglasses.

#4 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/2/2010 at 09:06 admin

@swag Yes cotton is better, lighter and cooler. But the Tshirts all have Travelfish on them -- yes I am the walking billboard! A heavier tshirt does wear better than cotton though -- especially with a pack.

@Sampan, I'm still in Bangkok, head to Laos on Monday (via Chiang Mai) - I'll drop you a line when I enter and see where you are at.

@somsai I really hate speaking to people when I can't see their eyes.

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,566
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.