Photo: Keep up to date with your offerings.

Health and safety forum

can you buy Malarone in Saigon?

Posted by kattkaa on 2/6/2012 at 11:20

Hi everyone,

I know I am not the first one to ask but I've been searching with no luck.

It's £3.3 per tablet in London and it is really a lot of money when trying to travel on a budget.

Does anyone know if it is available in Vetnam (Saigon)? What other antimalarials are available there?

We're going to Mekong Delta and then Koh Ta Kiev and Siem Reap and have been advised to take them. My boyfriend has already had dengue so def doesn't want to risk anything.

Thanks!

#1 kattkaa has been a member since 24/4/2012. Posts: 6
 Send kattkaa a private message 

Posted by sitata on 5/7/2012 at 16:21

You should be very careful when purchasing drugs overseas. At Sitata, we track reports of counterfeit drugs for statistics and reporting, and they are out there. If you do buy Malarone in Vietnam, please visit a reputable pharmacy.

How long is your trip? We usually recommend Malarone for shorter trips because the cost is quite high. For longer trips, you might consider doxycycline - just be sure to wear your sunscreen.

Note that Malarone will not prevent Dengue Fever.
https://www.sitata.com/diseases/dengue-fever

#2 sitata has been a member since 5/7/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 5
 Send sitata a private message   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.