Photo: Keep up to date with your offerings.

Health and safety forum

gynaecologist in bkk?

Posted by fishtails04 on 30/3/2008 at 11:05

can anyone recommend a good, English speaking, preferably western-trained, preferably female gynaecologist in bkk?
thanks!

#1 fishtails04 has been a member since 2/1/2008. Posts: 33

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/3/2008 at 16:30 admin

Dr Nittiwat at Samitivej Hospital (www.samitivej.co.th/) on Sukhumvit Soi 49 delivered our first baby and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him (sorry he's a he, not a she). He's also the Dep Hospital Director, and only practises on Saturdays. We'd get him to deliver our second as well, but as we're not based in Bangkok anymore it's a bit far to go! I think he was trained in Australia, but I'm not 100% sure of that. Let me know if you need more details to track him down and I'll forward you his telephone number and email.

Hope that helps Stuart

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by exacto on 31/3/2008 at 07:48

my wife went to an English-speaking, female doctor at Bumrungrat Hospital on Sukhumvit Soi 3. this hospital lists their doctors and their websites and even allows you to make online appointment requests.

in addition to Samitivej Hospital as mentioned by somtam, you might also try BNH Hospital (formerly known as Bangkok Nursing Home). they also list their doctors online. regards.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,657
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by fishtails04 on 31/3/2008 at 15:35

thanks for the recommendations, speedy as ever! much appreciated,
cheers
fishtails

#4 fishtails04 has been a member since 2/1/2008. Posts: 33

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.