Photo: Keep up to date with your offerings.

Health and safety forum

Another contact lenses

Posted by greenman42 on 1/10/2009 at 15:34

On my list of "Before I leave" shopping, I had contact lenses, I wear one month disposable, soft lenses. I am planning on going to Thailand for six months to a year, and I will soon be out.
I'm looking at about 6000 baht for a year's supply, if I buy at home. Are lenses likely to be so much cheaper in Bangkok ,that I'll want to take the time to do it there, or should I just be done with it, and enjoy my trip?

#1 greenman42 has been a member since 18/9/2009. Posts: 63

Posted by idreamofdurian on 1/10/2009 at 16:26 TF writer

I wear monthly lenses too. It's about 150B per lens (int'l brands), or less for a box of 6. That means a year's supply should be around 3,600B. There's optical shops EVERYWHERE in Thailand, so you might as well just pick them up when you're there. If you have a recent prescription bring it along, otherwise you can just show them a box from the lenses you currently wear and they'll match the prescription/shape.

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by greenman42 on 1/10/2009 at 18:28

Thanks alot, that certainly seems like a worthwhile saving.
Ps. I will have to give durian a try once I'm there, never had it! I believe its a love it or hate it thing!

#3 greenman42 has been a member since 18/9/2009. Posts: 63

Posted by cheapzen on 14/10/2009 at 03:43

good advice idreamofdurian, thank you

it's an acquired taste greenman42 :) the smell may repulse at first haha

#4 cheapzen has been a member since 12/10/2009. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.