Text page


Insurance forum

Travel Insurance - SE Asia & Australia...HELP !!!

Posted by kgroarke on 27/3/2011 at 20:52

Me an My Girlfriend (both of Irish Nationality) have been living in London for the last two years and are geting travel insurance for a 3.5 month trip around SE Asia....

but we are not sure whether or not we would need travel Insurance (mainly concerned about the medical side) for our onward trip to Australia for a year....

is it neceesary if there is a reciprocal health agreement between uk/oz or Eire/Oz in place ??

also would i be regarded as being a UK citizen ?? and as my girlfriend has only lived in London for a year and a half would this mean she is a UK citizen or Irish Citizen for the purposes of availing of the free healthcare should ww need it...

Would you need to prove citizenship in Australia should we need to get medical treatment..?

Has anyone had to make this decision before with simialar nationality/citizenship etc. ...please help !!!!

#1 kgroarke has been a member since 12/2/2011. Posts: 17

Posted by carolinesarah on 2/8/2012 at 19:48

I would think you'd prove your citizenship according to what your passport is? If yous have Irish passports and are taking these with you these might be used as proof and therefore you'd be classed as Irish. That's what I would think anyway

#2 carolinesarah has been a member since 11/6/2012. Posts: 13

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.