Text page


Insurance forum

One way insurance

Posted by KandP on 16/5/2011 at 02:50

Hi, we will be travelling through SE Asia during September, October and November as a part of our big move to NZ. We are not returning to UK, and this seem to complicate our chances to insure ourselves ...the other hurdle we seem to not being able to jump over is the fact that we will be staying for some 45 days and most insurers we contacted so far deemed that too long. Anybody ... anywhere ... any ideas??? Would be great to get few tips. Thanks beforehand :-)))


#1 KandP has been a member since 16/5/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by travellingsarah on 29/7/2011 at 09:50 TF writer

Agreed - no need to return to UK. Look for "backpacker" policies which will cover you for longer than 30 days. Lots of info on this site.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 684

Posted by DLuek on 6/10/2011 at 04:23 TF writer

I recently purchased a one-way insurance plan good for 7 months with an option to extend from anywhere in the world from www.statravel.com. World Nomads is another good choice.

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,346

Posted by cliona on 12/10/2011 at 20:15

There is no need to come back to UK. There are many travel insurance company from which you can get best travel insurance policy for you.

#4 cliona has been a member since 12/10/2011. Posts: 9

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.