Photo: Wear a helmet and be picky with your bridges.

Insurance forum

Anyone use Travel Guard?

Posted by glomer on 6/10/2011 at 00:52

This is the insurance offered by Vayama. It looks decent for my 2-week trip to Java, and is less than half of what I paid last year with Nationwide Mutual. Any experiences?

#1 glomer has been a member since 23/2/2010. Posts: 86
 Send glomer a private message 

Posted by exacto on 6/10/2011 at 02:13

I used Travel Guard once and was pleased with the coverage offered for the price. It seems to me that the cost of travel policies for trips under 30 days was particularly good. BUT, I didn't need to file a claim with this company so can't say how well they do honoring claims. Regards.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by glomer on 6/10/2011 at 02:29

Thanks for your feedback, Exacto!

#3 glomer has been a member since 23/2/2010. Posts: 86

Posted by CunningMcFar on 6/10/2011 at 23:09

We've used Travel Guard a few times, but switched to Travelex last trip for some reason for which I am now at a loss as to why. I think they may have offered a better payout on their "cancel for any reason" added clause, we were headed to Myanmar right after elections and wanted to be sure we could cancel up to the last minute for whatever reason might emerge.

Travel Guard is a solid company, underwritten by the National Union Fire Company, who carry an A rating from A.M. Best: "which is assigned to companies that, in the opinion of A. M. Best, have an excellent ability to meet their ongoing financial obligations to policyholders"

Thankfully we have never had to file a claim, but I would certainly be confident in Travel Guard as an insurer.

#4 CunningMcFar has been a member since 20/8/2004. Posts: 163
 Send CunningMcFar a private message   Where has CunningMcFar been? 

Posted by glomer on 7/10/2011 at 02:35

Thanks, Cunning, that is really excellent--and reassuring--information.

#5 glomer has been a member since 23/2/2010. Posts: 86

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.