Text page


Insurance forum

insurance with a break in travel

Posted by lucyb11 on 29/10/2011 at 23:37

i am travelling to south east asia and australia from november to april . I have to come back to the u.k for a three week break but then plan on heading back out to oz again in may . If I got a backpacker insurance policy ,would it cover me for coming back to the u.k and leaving again ?
Can anyone recommend any company that would cover that? or would i be best just to get a 6 month option to cover me until april , any ideas welcome?!

#1 lucyb11 has been a member since 25/10/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by KirstyB on 30/10/2011 at 12:00

I did have a policy that allowed just that but annoyingly I can't remember which company - however it would have been either ACE or World Nomads as I've only had cover with those companies over those past few years. I just had a quick look at their websites but couldn't see it mentioned though, so maybe it's something they've withdrawn. It would be worth checking their policy fine print in more detail though or giving them a call as it was definitely one or the other.

Failing that you could try calling BIBA (the British Insurance Brokers Association) and telling them your requirements. They should be able to suggest a company or companies that offer what you're looking for and saves a lot of phone calls.

#2 KirstyB has been a member since 27/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 152

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.