Photo: Wear a helmet and be picky with your bridges.

Insurance forum

USA Cover - Potential Cancellation of holiday issue

Posted by Skye2010 on 9/3/2016 at 05:50

Hi, I am planning on flying to California in October 2016 to stay with a cousin, (2nd cousin). My cousin's father, who lives on the East coast of the USA is elderly and not in the best of health. If the worst was to happen shortly before I was due to travel, I would not be able to go as obviously my cousin would have to return to the East coast to arrange matters and I would need to cancel my flight.

I am willing to pay a reasonable amount of insurance, on a return flight ticket of £671.00 but not the £2,200 each way to have an economy fully refundable ticket.

I have done exhaustive search on the internet but am totally mired down in details. I am convinced that this is a far from unusual scenario and cannot understand why it is so difficult.

We understand that nothing is potentially imminent but at 90+ years of age ...

The nearest policy I have found is one which will cover me for cancellation if my cousin or her husband died, (as husband is counted as friend in this instance) but not if one of their parents deceased.

I have tried calling some insurers but have found it difficult to be understood.

Thank you in anticipation of any assistance.

#1 Skye2010 has been a member since 9/3/2016. Posts: 1

Skip the queues!
Skip the queues!
Ad Book plane, train, bus & ferry tickets
with 12Go Asia.

12go.asia

Read more

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.