Text page

Insurance

Insurance forum

Senior adventure insurance

Posted by sapoteseason on 29/10/2022 at 00:51

Suggestions for an insurance company for seniors.  I’m 71. 

#1 sapoteseason has been a member since 23/6/2016. Posts: 5

Posted by exacto on 29/10/2022 at 01:32

What have you tried so far? If you are looking for travel insurance for a holiday, a good first step might be checking one of the travel insurance comparison websites like Insure My Trip or Squaremouth. As you'll see, there are many factors besides age, such as your destination, home country, and length of trip. You'll be able to compare different levels of coverage and hopefully find a policy that provides the protection you need at a price that works for you.

What types of coverage are important to you? Prices will be higher for your age group than for younger travelers, but one way to keep the premium lower is to select a smaller amount of coverage or coverage with a higher deductible. I usually keep my travel insurance premiums more affordable by choosing a low trip cost amount, such as $500 or even 0 (zero). The comparison websites will let you obtain quotes for different amounts of coverage so you can find the best deal for your circumstances.

Finally, check the perks on any credit cards you may have, as many also include limited travel insurance benefits too. I hope that helps. Regards.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,848

Posted by sapoteseason on 29/10/2022 at 23:43

Thank you so much.  Great suggestions.  I’ll go frwd and see what else I find.   Liked Nomads. Basic coverage but now too old:(   Enjoy as you go.  

#3 sapoteseason has been a member since 23/6/2016. Posts: 5

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.