Photo: Kids running on Batu Belig, Bali.

Travel with kids forum

dec 10 ish for 3 weeks without booking ??? with 5 year old

Posted by rocket111 on 24/1/2013 at 11:55

hi lots of questions but my main worry is if we book flights to thailand and have no accomodation booked will we have problems finding places to stay christmas/ new year ? the more i read about different places, islands the more confused i get about where will be child friendly as much as i would love to party all night its not really my little boys bag lol so any imput from those of you that have backpacked with kids would be really appreciated.
thanks sharon x

#1 rocket111 has been a member since 24/1/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by MADMAC on 24/1/2013 at 11:59

You kind of lost me here. What exactly are you asking? Where to go with a five year old?

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by rocket111 on 24/1/2013 at 12:05

sorry thailand !!!

#3 rocket111 has been a member since 24/1/2013. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/1/2013 at 19:22 admin

With the exception of Ko Phi Phi, you should be able to find something. It comes down to how choosy you'd like to be with your accommodation.

Somewhere like Ko Lanta or Ko Bulon Lae are islands I'd recommend to travellers with youngish kids -- by December 10 some places will be full for sure, but there will be others that still have rooms. By Xmas/New Years availability will be far tighter and booking perhaps more sensible.

Personally (I have a 4 & 6 year old) if I was heading to Thailand for a break I'd probably book in advance, but that's just me -- I know the region well and have a good idea of where I would want to stay with the kids. Much of it will come down to how willing you are to go door knocking along a beach with a five-year old looking for a room.

Hope that helps

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by MADMAC on 24/1/2013 at 21:45

How did my post end up on the top of this thread? Weird.

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/1/2013 at 23:25 admin

@madmac - fixed. Was happening because OP probably edited post after your reply, to the thread got re-ordered. One of the reasons editing window is limited ;-)

#6 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by rocket111 on 25/1/2013 at 04:47

thanks for the reply i will look at those islands , any places you think suitable that i can look up would be a great help. Im now thinking book the christmas/new year in advance and have a mini adventure first as the flight will be to bankok it gives us a week to explore a little i didnt really want the whole package deal kind of holiday but what is best for my little man is far more important than a rose tinted dream !!

#7 rocket111 has been a member since 24/1/2013. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.