Photo: Kids running on Batu Belig, Bali.

Travel with kids forum

Travel with children 6 & 7yrs 1st time (take 2)

Posted by ellarose on 19/4/2009 at 18:16

Would love to hear stories from families who have traveled with girls from Australia to Vietnam. we are going in October -and will travel the full length of Vietnam over 1 month. Please recommend nice cheap place to stay in Ho Chi Minh to get us off to a good start

Thanks

#1 ellarose has been a member since 19/4/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by minhnguyen16051986 on 22/4/2009 at 14:44

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi ellarose !
I'm Vietnamese so i can help you some information. but i don't know how cheap and nice you think ?
Give me more information, i'll give you some addresses

#2 minhnguyen16051986 has been a member since 21/4/2009. Posts: 13

Posted by Pablot on 4/5/2009 at 13:44

Posted from within Vietnam.

Ellarose,

wrong time of the year for Central Vietnam as the winter monsoons start in September and last thru December/ January or later - so expect rough weather at times with strong winds & rain. Maybe OK down in Nha Trang but not in Hoi An or further north. We have two young daughters & we live here in VN....VN people are wonderful with children so in general you will be OK. Pick your hotels & destinations carefully (research!!!) & lots of time for the kids to stay in one place & run around.

Pablo

#3 Pablot has been a member since 4/5/2009. Posts: 102

Posted by brucemoon on 4/5/2009 at 14:44

ellarose

Some of the 'issues' associated with travelling with children in Asia can be found at:

https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/cambodia/2330_takin-kids-to-cambodia-vietnam--longish-stay

cheers

#4 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.