Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Travel news forum

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Two Brits dead after taking heroin 'they thought was cocaine'

This form has been closed and no further posts are being accepted.

Posted by travelfishnews on 28/2/2009 at 09:43

The Mail Online reports that two British tourists have been found dead at a hotel in Cambodia after mistakenly taking heroin. The bodies of university graduates Mark Ganley, 34, and David Hunt, 36, were found in a hotel room in capital city Phnom Penh. Ganley, a businessman, and Hunt, a sports journalist, had bloodied noses and it is thought they died of overdoses after inadvertently snorting a form of heroin, believing it to be cocaine.

Municipal deputy police chief Hy Pru has been reported as saying he believes the pair died of drugs overdoses and the white powder was heroin-based. It is commonplace for Cambodians to sell heroin to tourists who ask for cocaine, which is more expensive. The practice is thought to account for a dozen deaths in the capital every year.

A sobering and sad reminder that the rules are just the same when it comes to doing drugs outside your home country. You can never be too careful!

#1 travelfishnews has been a member since 23/2/2009. Posts: 83

Forum closed

This forum has been closed and no further posts are allowed.