Photo: Aiming for a higher level in Lamphun.

Travel technology forum

Electricity - convert/transform/adapt - help!

Posted by whirlwind2014 on 30/9/2014 at 11:47

So, I leave in less than a month for my long-awaited trip to SE Asia and have been diligently researching. However, I can not seem to crack the electricity question.

I will be traveling with:

And traveling in:
Bangkok, Siem Reap, Hanoi, Luang Prabang, Chiang Mai, and Yangon.

What do I need to use in order to charge my devices along the way?

Thanks so much,

#1 whirlwind2014 has been a member since 2/2/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by antoniamitchell on 30/9/2014 at 14:29

All the information you should need will be here:

The short answer:
It's unlikely your equipment will need a voltage adapter (look at the charger that came with it - nearly always it will list the acceptable range of volts and hertz, and most electronics can be used most places these days). What you will need are plug adapters (those little, cheap things that changes the shape of the plug so it fits local sockets).

One word of warning - power outages are common in Burma. Don't leave things plugged in when you're asleep or not there, and if the power goes out or starts flickering unplug your device (otherwise you run the risk of a surge when the power comes back on, which could damage your equipment).

#2 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 540
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.