Text page

Travel technology

Travel technology forum

I rented a luggage storage locker in Bangkok

Posted by exacto on 8/7/2022 at 01:48

I'll be in Thailand for a total of three months this trip, and brought with me a few things I will need from time to time, but didn't want to haul around with me for the duration. In the past, I often stored a bag at a hotel and picked it up later, but that worked well for a few days, not a few months.

I'd noticed several new companies in Bangkok advertising longer-term luggage storage. They are typically offering a secure 1 cubic meter locker, with prices ranging from 600 to 1,200 baht per month depending on location, access hours, and climate control. Bring your own lock or buy one at the facility.

I wound up selecting Bangkok Self Storage in the Khlong Toey area of Bangkok, just across from the Customs Department building, but several other companies had good options too. Since I expect to transit Bangkok several times during this trip, I'll stop by the locker to pick up things as needed, and to drop off any shopping from the previous few weeks.

So far it is working well, and was worth the money to at least give it a try. Is anyone else doing this and what has been your experience. Cheers. 

#1 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,848

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.