Photo: Aiming for a higher level in Lamphun.

Travel technology forum

Cheap shopping at Taiwan/Taipei airport?

Posted by Billabong on 12/9/2009 at 20:58

Hi there,
I am having an 2-hour stop over at Taipei airport on my flight to Vietnam. Since in Europe there's a lot of "made in Taiwan" for electronic stuff, i wondered if it is worth to wait buying for example Digital-Camera equipment, I-Pod stuff etc.

Has anyone any experience, is there a chance to get some bargains on electronic stuff?

#1 Billabong has been a member since 11/7/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by somsai on 13/9/2009 at 09:35

I should preface by saying I'm the most uninterested shopper in the world, but. . . .

I've had a lot of layovers for more years than I want to think about in the Chan Kai Shek Airport now called Taoyuen or something. It was and still does seem to be under construction. Seems like all I ever see are duty free booze, perfume, ciggies and chocolate. They must have electronics too but it doesn't seem like the kind of place to get a deal. Bunch of mostly empty stores.

#2 somsai has been a member since 1/3/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 568
 Send somsai a private message 

Posted by Azariah on 17/10/2014 at 23:50

Its more like a must for me especially when it comes to shopping in a new place airports are a very important thing for that. I most of the times stick to the things which are fine enough for me in terms of following the basics and at the same time we get to buy good stuff. But prices are quite high at those places that is what i find a little annoying but still prefer buying.

#3 Azariah has been a member since 17/10/2014. Posts: 15

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.