Photo: Breakfast in Mandalay.

Travel videos forum

Mucky Secrets - The Marine Creatures of the Lembeh Strait

Posted by NickHope on 2/9/2014 at 02:08

I have made a 90-minute documentary about the fascinating marine life of the Lembeh Strait, between North Sulawesi and Lembeh Island in Indonesia. This is a top "muck diving" destination, famed for it's amazing biodiversity and density of weird and wonderful critters in the muck. Enjoy!

Mucky Secrets - The Marine Creatures of the Lembeh Strait (video on YouTube)

#1 NickHope has been a member since 10/10/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4
 Where has NickHope been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Google+   Pinterest 

Posted by SBE on 2/9/2014 at 04:12

What a fantastic piece of work! Really informative documentary if you're interested in diving or snorkeling and the image quality and editing is superb (god I'm so jealous of your camera).

So happens I'm off to Sulawesi for a couple of months soon so thanks very much for posting this. I don't do much muck diving but I've seen quite a few of these strange critters even while snorkeling in Indonesia ... now I know what they are.

The fact you've put up an index is really useful. Videos are much better than trying to figure out what you've seen in a dog eared fish book. This video is also useful for recognizing some of the more dangerous species you can encounter in tropical waters ...hmm so that ugly looking warty fish with spines that we found just a couple of feet off the beach on one of the Togian islands once really was a deadly demon stinger!

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,019
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 6/9/2014 at 04:41

I'm going to try to watch it later when I have decent internet (could be a year away ) Did it feature any terrifying nesting Titan Triggerfish? That one in Kanawa still gives me nightmares...!

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by NickHope on 7/9/2014 at 01:58

Thanks very much for the replies.

SBE, have a great time in Sulawesi!

busylizzy, I hate them too. No titan triggerfish in this one but there is a sequence in this one of mine: Filefish & Triggerfishes - Reef Life of the Andaman - Part 12

#4 NickHope has been a member since 10/10/2013. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4
 Where has NickHope been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Google+   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.