Text page

Travel videos

Travel videos forum

The Philippines 2017. A fun venture travel video :)

Posted by jeetsandcarmen on 30/7/2017 at 10:58

Hi all, in case anyone needed some motivation to book themselves a ticket to the Philippines, here's a little edit which may help with the decision :)

This video mainly showcases Cebu Island, with some shots also taken around Bohol and Dumaguete islands.

https://youtu.be/7bGqDJtSg1E

There is a part 2 coming which will feature the likes of Boracay, Coron, and a little preview of a private island we were invited to by an extremely rare couch surfing find!

Let me know what you think?

#1 jeetsandcarmen has been a member since 21/6/2017. Posts: 5

Posted by Tars on 31/7/2017 at 05:13

Hi Jeetsandcarmen,

I just saw your video, looks absolutely great! Love the jokes too, really adds up:-).
I actually am planning a trip to Cebu in September with my girlfriend, and slowly would like to start planning my trip.
I was wondering: did you guys go snorkeling too? If yes, what is the marine life like? Any recommended spots? I saw some footage about the Pescador Island the other day, but seems a bit touristy...
My GF and I are into freediving and would love to find some rather less touristy places with great marine life.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks a lot!!

#2 Tars has been a member since 25/7/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by jeetsandcarmen on 6/8/2017 at 20:55

Hi Tars!

Sorry for the late response, constantly on the road has it's downfalls haha.
Thanks for the kind words about the edit :)

We did some snorkeling, but only around Coron. There is literally reef everywhere in the Philippines!
There are a bunch of dive sites around Coron/Palawan/Dumaguete/Malapascua. The marine life seemed pretty good, though we didn't get to deeper waters (like up to 30m).

Jump on couchsurfers and search for a guy named Rex in the Coron area. I don't want to give too much away, but if you are able to meet up with him you'll have an amazing unique experience!!

A little sample of this 'unique experience' is in part 2 of our Philippines trip :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WDiquzFtM

The Philippines is definitely a tourist hotspot. It's worth asking locals if they have any friends with boats and get yourself private ones. usually they're not much more expensive than being crammed on a tour boat, and they're so much better as you can stay as long as you like in certain areas :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

#3 jeetsandcarmen has been a member since 21/6/2017. Posts: 5

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.