Photo: Breakfast in Mandalay.

Travel videos forum

Thailand 2017 - so much wow!

Posted by jeetsandcarmen on 8/1/2018 at 04:09

Thailand was the last Asian country we were in before heading to Europe. Previously we'd been through Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, and the Philippines, and all we can say is wow, what a time!

Here's a little look at Thailand and all that we experienced!

Koh Phangan

Firstly, you're never too old to enjoy a full moon party!

I was a little apprehensive at first due to not wanting to be that 'old' couple at a party and knowingly staying awake past midnight; Two thoughts that were never thought of again once we began painting ourselves with glow paint!

The skipping rope of fire was for sure the highlight of the night, something about watching drunk people getting whipped with a burning rope was amazing to watch! We found ourselves returning multiple times to watch the madness, you could say it was 'lit'! Hahaha

Getting to Koh Phangan was relavitely easy from [url=https://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/southern_thailand/krabi/ao_nang] [url=https://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/southern_thailand/krabi/ao_nang]Ao Nang and you can easily book the bus & ferry trip via your accommodation.

Phi Phi Islands

I must say, the main island has become severly commercialized and has completely changed since I was last there in 2010. Nevertheless, it is still a beautiful island and a good hub for various tours and dive sites.

We took what was meant to be a private 4 hour tour (but ended up being a 3 hour tour) around Koh Phi Phi Lee. You'll want to be at Maya bay first thing in the morning, departing Phi Phi Island at 6am, so as to avoid the crowds. We had booked for this time however our boat captain didn't show up, and t he shop we booked from didn't open until 9am. As you can imagine, we were put onto a different private boat and arrived at peak hour!

Ao Nang Krabi

We decided to hop on over to Ao Nang from Phi Phi Island to check out the popular 4 island tour, and it was a halfway stop on the way to Koh Phangan. Yes there were tourists everywhere, as with any touristy area, but looking beyond that, the scenary is simply breathtaking.

Chiang Mai

If you want elephants and temples, this is the place to be!

We struggled to find an ethical elephant sanctuary, and even with the larger popular companies who claim they do not use weapons/tortue techniques to train the elephants, we were still able to find reviews from customers who witnessed such things.

We chose a small company who rescue Burmese logging elephants called Joining Elephant Sanctuary. Being relatively new with only a few elephants, meant there were only a handful of tourists! We had the pleasure of feeding and bathing our own elephant for the entire time for our half day tour.

This Asian destination was one we'd been looking forward to, with his amazing food dishes, culture, and cheap massages, how could you not?

Feel free to check out our time and throw some feedback at us.

I struggled a little to edit from scene to scene and making the music end "professionally", would love to hear some ideas on how to spruce up my scene swapping skills!

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/OQFHxOkRgC8

#1 jeetsandcarmen has been a member since 21/6/2017. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.