Photo: Fisherman returning to Ko Tarutao.

Trip reports forum

Where isn't too hot mid May to mid June?

Posted by jameslon on 26/4/2017 at 02:19

Im currently in Australia, Ill be leaving mid May and I need to get to Delhi for the 21st June. Can anyone advise on places to go that won't be ridiculously hot?

Last November to January I was in Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. It was great but I was struggling with the heat then so any hotter and I wont be having much fun!

Thanks

#1 jameslon has been a member since 17/10/2016. Posts: 4

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by exacto on 26/4/2017 at 12:31

Hi James,
Have you considered the south island of New Zealand? I'm afraid you may be SOL for Southeast Asia that time of year. That is because for most of the places you mention, November to January is the relatively cool season, the time of year where temperatures are at their most moderate. Cool is relative of course.
The late May and June period you mention will be the tail end of the hot season, which doesn't sound like your cup of iced tea.
You might consider the Gulf of Thailand area, such as Koh Samui. It is a nice time of year to visit there, in terms of temperature and rainfall. Perhaps you can find a nice spot near the water and stay cool with ocean breezes and swims.
Another possibility that time of year could be Bali and Lombok in Indonesia, and particularly the Gilis. But even so, it sounds like it may be a little hot for you.
Good luck and let us know what you decide. Regards.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,786
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by duniyakiser on 1/5/2017 at 07:00

Hinachal Pradesh, Maclod gunj, All of Kasauli, Kashmir, NainitL, Munnar, Ooty are sone of the places very close to Delhi and not hot in the months of May- June.

#3 duniyakiser has been a member since 1/5/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by exacto on 1/5/2017 at 13:36

Wannaka, Ranfurly, Oamaru ...

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,786
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by aryavritindia on 9/6/2017 at 06:04

North India part like Reshikesh the Yoga City, Shimla Hill station, Sri Nagar, Leh Ladakh best with bike tour. These places not too hot but pleasant weather to enjoy the holiday trip.

#5 aryavritindia has been a member since 1/6/2017. Posts: 5
 Send aryavritindia a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.