Photo: Fisherman returning to Ko Tarutao.

Trip reports forum

Advice for Itinerary

Posted by fhoque555 on 24/6/2017 at 22:00

Hi all,

I'm doing a trip to SE Asia for 25 days and was wondering about the following:

'm doing South East Asia and I have 8 days allocated to Hanoi to Hoi An in North Vietnam and then 8 days to Bangkok (one night) chiang Mai (4 nights/3 days) one of Koh Samui/Pai (2 nights)

Is that enough time for those places or alternatively should I scrap Thailand for next time and just put more days to doing Vietnam South too (mui ne, saigon)? I'm not a huge beach guy so I'm okay with not doing Phuket or Ko Phi Phi for now

Thank you!

#1 fhoque555 has been a member since 24/6/2017. Posts: 1

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by flijten on 25/6/2017 at 18:12

Pai or Samui may not be worth the trip since you would have to make it back to an international airport again. Either do Chang Mai and add in Ayuthaya for some great temples on the road to Chang Mai or skip Chang Mai completely if you want beach time and just pick one or two beaches.

All in all it is not a crazy schedule, but why not see more of Vietnam and come back for Thailand?

#2 flijten has been a member since 19/12/2016. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 78

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.