Photo: Fisherman returning to Ko Tarutao.

Trip reports forum

Hiring a driver in BKK

Posted by hannesnaomi on 15/2/2008 at 04:45

Hi there,
Have heard mixed reviews on this topic. Wondering if it is worth it to hire a driver for a day of sightseeing in BKK. Will be there over Easter Weekend if that makes a difference. Advice please?

#1 hannesnaomi has been a member since 2/2/2008. Posts: 22

Posted by exacto on 15/2/2008 at 07:41

Hi Hannesnaomi,

Do you have an idea yet of the places you plan to visit during that day of sightseeing in Bangkok? I ask because many of the most popular tourist spots, including some of the temples you've asked about in other threads, are centrally located in the Sanam Luang/Rattanakosin Island area (and not at all far from the Khao San Road area), meaning that you could likely walk from place to place if the weather wasn't too brutally hot that day. Otherwise, it should be a short cab ride (or a short bus ride if you care to brave the system) from place to place. I'd think that taking taxis and buses on that day would be more flexible, convenient, and far less expensive than hiring a driver for the day.

I'm not sure being Easter weekend or not will make a difference at all, unless that happens to coincide with a local Thai holiday. Hope that helps. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.