Photo: Fisherman returning to Ko Tarutao.

Trip reports forum

Thailand/Laos/Cambodia

Posted by salgado88 on 28/11/2009 at 19:44

Hi all,

I need some help with organizing a backpacking trip in 2010 ... we will spend 19 days in Thailand (12)/Laos(3)/Cambodia(4)
Can anyone help me with a making a route plan? Basically it has to look like this:
- 3 days in Bangkok
- 3 days in some beach area (Thailand)
- Luang Prabang and Vientiane
- Angkor Vat and Phnom Phen
The main idea would be to have some fluid itineray, which should cover all of the above mentioned points
Arrival/departure is Bangkok

Thanks a million!

#1 salgado88 has been a member since 28/11/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/11/2009 at 12:21 admin

Hi,
I'd say it isn't really practical to visit Luang Prabang and Vientiane in three days -- pick one or the other. Most would suggest LP over VTE.

Three days on a beach out of Bangkok, Ko Samet is the best fit.

Four days for Phnom Penh and Siem Reap is also a bit of a push.

I'd suggest shaving some of your 12 days off Thailand and giving say 3 more days to Laos and 2 more to Cambodia. That will allow you to do all what you've suggested, but you'll prob need to fly in/out of Laos and at least into Phnom Penh, as otherwise you'll lose too much time to travel.

Hope that helps.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.